This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Dairy Dairy Dairy, Say It Ain't So...

NorthernElf

NorthernElf Enthusiast

So here it is...brain fog, sinus pain, headaches, and stomach cramps - and rapid hearbeat and feeling like crap. This is in a controlled gluten free environment. Does this sound like dairy allergy ? No rash - just no energy and feeling terrible. I don't normally eat much dairy anyway but I do like cheese ! Anyway, just wondering. I had some asthma like symptoms a few days back that sorta scared me so the only dairy I've been having is the half & half in my coffee. It felt like pressure on my chest and I thought I was getting sick or something.

Oh, and some more reflux issues, more than normal.

Anyone have symptoms such as these ? They do *seem* to be tied to dairy... :huh:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

YoloGx Rookie

Its happened to me--last time was with cheese. Supposedly sharp cheddar is safe for many who have celiac but not for me. Probably not for you either. The only dairy I seem to be able to eat with no problem is organic, unsweetened yogurt. Even Kefir seems to be a problem for me.

That and an allergy to yeast and tomatoes and peppers makes eating even gluten-free pizza everyone raves about kind of out for me. Hope you don't have as many food sensitivities as I...

Am sorry you had to go through this. It really is unpleasant. But at least you know what caused it.

I find taking a teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water helps counteract some of the worst symptoms of food sensitivities by the way. Repeat an hour or so later if necessary. Cleavers also can help your body since its one of the best herbal lymphatic drains there is. Again a teaspoon in a cup or more of hot (boiling) water. Let sit 10 minutes or more then strain.

Bea

VioletBlue Contributor

It sounds like a reaction to just about anything. Have you tried eliminating dairy to see if you feel better? If that doesn't work you might want to try eliminating other catagories such as soy or nightshades or peanuts etc. People can become allergic or intolerant of just about any food and have the symtoms you've described. A food log is about the best way to track down foods that are causing you problems.

So here it is...brain fog, sinus pain, headaches, and stomach cramps - and rapid hearbeat and feeling like crap. This is in a controlled gluten free environment. Does this sound like dairy allergy ? No rash - just no energy and feeling terrible. I don't normally eat much dairy anyway but I do like cheese ! Anyway, just wondering. I had some asthma like symptoms a few days back that sorta scared me so the only dairy I've been having is the half & half in my coffee. It felt like pressure on my chest and I thought I was getting sick or something.

Anyone have symptoms such as these ? They do *seem* to be tied to dairy... :huh:

ang1e0251 Contributor

I've been lactose intolerant for many years & your reaction sure could be to milk. I can eat any aged cheese & a little butter but nothing else. In my coffee I use Silk Vanilla Soy. I also cook with it. You can use it in cooking just like milk for any dish with a sweet taste. With dishes that are salty or savory like mashed potatos, use Silk Organic. You can buy this product in any supermarket. The chocolate soy is yummy!!

lizard00 Enthusiast

Are we related? LOL :lol:

I get a headache, sinus pressure and stomach pain. Breaks my face out too. It was a very sad day for me when I realized that I needed to avoid dairy. I even asked my doctor to tell me it was damaging to me, like gluten. Dairy has been really hard for me, but I feel so much better without it. But I have to tell myself everyday not to eat it, it's a psychological thing. Much more so than gluten.

Erin Elaine Newbie

Yes, same thing for me. I could eat dairy for 6 months after I went gluten free and then all of a sudden, my celiac symptoms returned along with a really stuffed up nose and acne. I cut out dairy and all the problems went away within a month. Sorry, I know this isn't fun on top of being gluten free, but you really do get used to living without the dairy too.

Archived