Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Cream Cheese Sub (dairy/soy Free)

8 posts in this topic

i was reading about the south beach diet, and one of the foods listed was a "cream cheese subsitute (dairy free)"

just wondered if anyone here knew of one :) i'd love to make a "cheese-cake"!

Ads by Google:
i was reading about the south beach diet, and one of the foods listed was a "cream cheese subsitute (dairy free)"

just wondered if anyone here knew of one :) i'd love to make a "cheese-cake"!

They maybe talking about tofutti. I tried it and had a strong gluten reaction. I'm guessing it was the maltrodextrin since it is imported from places like isreal, australia etc. Or the maltrodextrin is safe and it could just be me? Others may know of another product.

Here's a recipe I have but haven't tried so don't know if it would work to make cheese cake.

1 cup firm silken tofu

2 tablespoons olive oil

3 tablespoons lemon juice or 2 tablespoons vinegar

1 tablespoon sugar

1/2 tsp sea salt.

Combine tofu, oil, lemon juice, sugar, and salt in a blender and process until smooth

pour into a bowl and chill.

I wonder if you could make a soy-free version w/ raw cashews. Maybe check out some raw cookbooks for ideas, or raw vegan websites.

They maybe talking about tofutti. I tried it and had a strong gluten reaction. I'm guessing it was the maltrodextrin since it is imported from places like isreal, australia etc. Or the maltrodextrin is safe and it could just be me? Others may know of another product.

thanks for the recipe, but probably won't try that one (soy :().

I wonder if you could make a soy-free version w/ raw cashews. Maybe check out some raw cookbooks for ideas, or raw vegan websites.

good call!

wow those "raw" cheesecakes look amazing! i'm gonna have to dig through my freezer to see if i still have any cashews :)

thanks for the recipe, but probably won't try that one (soy :().

Sorry about that :( I need to pay more attention to intolerances in everyone's siggy's before I post! I've seen recipes using cashews sounds like a good bet.

WOW that cheesecake looks sooooooo yummy! B)

Sorry about that :( I need to pay more attention to intolerances in everyone's siggy's before I post! I've seen recipes using cashews sounds like a good bet.

that's ok :) yeah, i'm thinking i'm gonna have to try the cashew thing. lol i was browsing the new posts, and i saw the title of this one, and was like, eew, who would make a cream cheese sub? i'd at least add some turkey and bacon to it! :lol: