arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Something Made Me Sick- Can You Help Me W/ Ingredients?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 MELINE

MELINE

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 04:42 AM

are you lactose intolerant??? cause fried potatos act like lactose. I don't know why, but I've read it and it happens. And bloating and gas are symptoms of lactose intolerance.
Celiac September 2007

Graves disease June 2008

Candida overgrowth / started treatment November 2008

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 crunchy_mama

crunchy_mama

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 04:52 AM

re: lactose intolerance: Well, I month ago I would have give you a strong no. However, afer going gluten-free my body is responding louder and louder to dairy. Both of my kids could not tolerate dairy and recently found out neither can either of my parents. So, I guess my new answer would be it seems so.

Oh, the lady from Target /Archer Farms called back. She said that they have an allergy team and they said they were both gluten-free and DF and they didn't think I reacted to them. I asked if they had a dedicated fryer though and she had no answer. So, who knows.
Mama to 2- 7/04 and 4/07- On the journey to get healthy and figure us all out!

#18 Manet

Manet

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 11:26 AM

modified food starch... could be any starch.. e.g. wheat

#19 Bilingualmom

Bilingualmom

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:24 PM

I had a bad reaction this afternoon after feeling mostly good, (gluten free for a little over a month). I got naturebox products which were labeled as not containing wheat. The ingredients were: plantains, safflower oil, salt. What could have done this to me? Major GI symptoms! 😔😩 I'm still figuring all this out and, right now, it seems like I need to eat only fruits, veggies, yoghurt and chicken. Anything I have added this week has caused bloating, gas, etc... This also happened when I ate the ("wheat free") Siracha cashews. I thought it was the spices but now, with this being the second definite reaction to a totally different Nature Box product I am wondering about cross contamination. This is a difficult stage that I'm in because I have just started out and certainly notice great improvements when my food is 100% gluten free. Does it get any easier to know what you I can eat?

#20 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:30 PM

Welcome. This is a very old topic, and much of the information may be out of date. Certainly the worries about modified food starch are no longer relevant. You may have better responses by starting a new one.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#21 Bilingualmom

Bilingualmom

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:28 AM

Welcome. This is a very old topic, and much of the information may be out of date. Certainly the worries about modified food starch are no longer relevant. You may have better responses by starting a new one.

I don't quite know how to start a new comment thread but I will get back on tonight and keep trying to figure it out? Thank you!!

#22 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:37 AM

I don't quite know how to start a new comment thread but I will get back on tonight and keep trying to figure it out? Thank you!!

Go to the forum you want it in (you can click on the forum name on the main page) and click one of the blue "Start New Topic" buttons. They are on the right hand side. There is one near the top, just above the green bar, and another one at the bottom.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: