Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Best Premade Bread Mix To Buy For A Brand New Breadmaker!

• Please log in to reply

2 replies to this topic

#1 Silly Yak Pete

Silly Yak Pete

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:50 AM

My brand new bread maker is waiting for me at home and I am wondering what Gluten Free Bread mix is the best to use in in it? Please let me know cause I am going after work to Jandis or Wild By Nature to buy some to make tonite. Im so excited I never made bread before.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Tim-n-VA

Tim-n-VA

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:01 AM

Obviously a personal preference thing but I like Pamela's Wheat Free bread mix.

I have used the Gluten Free Pantry sandwich bread mix in the oven but had less success in a bread machine.

#3 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:14 AM

We like the Pamela's also. If you decide you like it, you can buy it in bulk (6 mixes at a time) from Amazon for a lot cheaper than you can buy it in the health food stores. Some of the other bread mixes are also on Amazon so be sure to check once you find one you like. Also look into Amazon's subscribe and save program. It's like placing a standing order. It gets you an additional 15% off and free shipping even if your order isn't $25 dollars. You pick the interval but you can change things at any time . . . put off an order, speed up an order, cancel an order . . . no commitment required but not all items are available in the program. As a reference point, I can buy the Pamela's bread mix in the local health food store at $5.70/bag and through Amazon's subscribe and save, I get it for $3.25. You may think you don't want to have 6 mixes on hand at a time, but we use the mix for pizza crust, dinner rolls, and cinnamon rolls as well.
Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: