Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

13 posts in this topic

Today I got this message when I tried to log in:

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.glutenfreeforum.com Port 80

From what I understand, the bandwidth limit can be reached when there's a large amount of activity--is that the reason or is there another one? Thanks, Scott-- I just want to know if we're getting so popular that this might become a problem :P:lol: or if there was some construction going on with the site or something--thanks.

Ads by Google:

I got that message too. I couldn't get on the board for a few hours.

I got that message too. I couldn't get on the board for a few hours.

Hi Scott,

I am managing to get to the site but it is VERY slow. I truely hope this can be corrected quickly, as I enjoy this site so very much. Thanks, Granny

I was e-mailing another person from the board who couldn't get on either--until recently when I was able to get on again--so I knew it's wasn't just me.

There has been a lot of people on this site lately, more than usual (Which is a good thing!). Maybe there was just too many people trying to log on or trying to download the page.

I have had trouble lately, but assumed I had caught some spyware until I checked and found none. At times, it has been so bad that my system appeared to lock up and I had to reboot. Good to know we are that popular, but I hope it does not get worse.

Yes--we have been having many more visitors. I've been watching the bottom of the main page, which tells how many people we've ever had on at a time and the date. It keeps growing--I think it's at 66, now--from less than a week ago.

It must be my fault. Since I was diagnosed, I have been recommending this site to everyone in my family. And I come from a large family! :lol::P:D

Hi Everyone,

There was a technical problem with the board on the 2/28/05, and it was down for a few hours. Sorry about that. It has been worked out and I am told by my System Admin that it should not happen again. Please e-mail me with the info at celiac.com address if you ever see this problem again.

Take care,

Scott

Okay, thank you! :)

I recieved this error today:

The error returned was:

Sorry, the board administrator has enabled search flood control. Please wait at least 20 seconds before trying again.

Also have been having trouble if I log in at a computer that I haven't been logged into for a while. I put in my username and password, push send and it doesn't log me in. I have to go through the steps a second time before it will let me in. Weird.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Oh, I get that all the time...I open too many topics and post too quickly. I just wait ten seconds or so (since you don't really have to wait 20) and then refresh/reload the page.

I think that might be some way to keep people from posting too much too fast...so that, I guess, if there was someone spamming the boards, they'd get tied up every now and then if they tried to post too much too quickly.

I just saw the end of your post about logging in--hit reply, and got nailed with flood control :lol: ...it doesn't bother me...I'm used to it:

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Flood control is enabled on this board, please wait 30 seconds before replying or posting a new topic

That happens to me too. At home, I have my log in remembered, so I can just pull up the message board and start posting, rather than log in every time. At other computers, though, I have the same thing happen. I enter my username and password, click log in, and it takes me to the main page without logging me in--I'm still a guest. Then I log in a second time and it works. That isn't too big a deal, either...just a minor inconvenince :)