This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Starbucks New Signature Hot Chocolates

LLatham

LLatham Apprentice

Just checked with Starbucks' customer service and all three of the new Signature Hot Chocolate's are gluten-free:

Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate

Sweet and salty, a twist on hot chocolate.

Hazelnut Hot Chocolate

Creamy and nutty, the perfect treat.

Starbucks

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Mother of Jibril Enthusiast

I wanted to try one of the new signature hot chocolates (they used to have this super-rich chocolate drink that I LOVED)... but I found out they can't make them dairy-free :(

ohsotired Enthusiast

They can't do them with soy? Or is it a powder and they just add water for you?

I think it's the cocoa mix that has traces of milk. I asked if they could use soy milk and they said, "Sorry... we can only make our regular hot chocolate dairy-free."

chb Rookie
I think it's the cocoa mix that has traces of milk. I asked if they could use soy milk and they said, "Sorry... we can only make our regular hot chocolate dairy-free."

Sigh....I swear this dairy free thing is harder to handle than the gluten free. :(

Tell me about it! <_<

I'm from Wisconsin... all of my grandparents were raised on dairy farms. My immediate family (just four people) would go through several gallons of milk a week. I'm doing better the longer I go without dairy, but there are days when I crave a piece of cheese. I don't mind having soy milk or almond milk on my cereal... soy yogurt is a lot better than I thought it would be... but when I'm done breastfeeding my casein-intolerant son I'm hoping I can have a little bit of dairy again.

lizard00 Enthusiast
Sigh....I swear this dairy free thing is harder to handle than the gluten free. :(

There are many days where I feel the same way. It does seem way harder to be df than gluten-free. Becoming gluten-free was not nearly as hard as trying to be df.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 1 month later...
luciddream928 Explorer

I just read the post on the Vivanno frozen drinks, and the comments in that post about cross-contamination from protein powder.

Wouldn't it be possible for any steamed drink to be CC because of this powder? Can anyone comment? I LOVE my caramel macciato's and soy vanilla lattes. Now I'm not so sure....

Wouldn't it be possible for any steamed drink to be CC because of this powder? Can anyone comment? I LOVE my caramel macciato's and soy vanilla lattes. Now I'm not so sure....

You can ask them to clean the steam wand and use a clean pitcher when they make your drink. I think that was the conclusion on the thread you mentioned :)

If you're really sensitive to CC, better to stick with something simple like tea or plain coffee.

• 4 years later...
RudyM69 Newbie

My wife just went to the Starbucks in Anaheim at the Hyatt Regency and was told no way are their hot chocolates gluten free.

jerseyangel Proficient

I called Starbucks today, and was told that the cocoa mix is made on equipment that also processes wheat (among other allergens). Just an FYI.

WinterSong Community Regular

Are their chai tea lattes gluten free? I don't know what drinks the vanilla bean powder is in.

jerseyangel Proficient

Are their chai tea lattes gluten free? I don't know what drinks the vanilla bean powder is in.

The Chai Tea Lattes are gluten-free.

Janice1014 Newbie

I have found that some of the local gas station coffee/cappuccino drinks affect me and some do not. I have had to find out through trial and error. I would miss a coffee/cappuccino mix in the morning if I couldn't find one I could have. We just had a pumpkin cappuccino that was awesome!! I tried making my own but it just wasn't the same.

Oh and as a rule I don't like Starbucks. I have never gotten anything there that I like. Maybe I just didn't know what to try.

Archived