This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Diet Stage 2 : Victory!

raen

raen Apprentice

i am on month number 5! i dont know it counts, sense i made many mistakes.

my home is now 100% gluten-free, but i am still afraid to eat almost anywhere, but i will go to Outback, and i will buy coffee of two safe brands if it appears bread-protected and regularly cleaned.

but, i celebrate today!

it feels like i am finally past that awful "trail and error" stage where you have to figure out which foods are safe, which are dangerous, which brands are liars, how to avoid CC, learning gluten is in more than just food, and how to identify when you were glutened.

my biggest mistake was believing anything that claimed to be 100% tea leaves, beef, coffee, etc, was safe by default. i now believe this is almost never true, and will stick to 1800 numbers and gluten-free labels.

i am now to the stage where, with my handy food-log diary, i am doing "controlled experiments" with different foods, to see what i react to and how.

i will be trying nutmeg, soy, cooked onions, orange juice, corn, eggs, fish, and eventually non-low-acid coffee and rice!

i recently added potatoes and green onions back to my diet, and before that, tomatoes, both used to make me ill and now do not! a great sign.

i finally feel free, rather than trapped by the looming thought of "all food is dangerous."

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

henny Explorer

congratulations! :D

Amber M Explorer
i am on month number 5! i dont know it counts, sense i made many mistakes.

my home is now 100% gluten-free, but i am still afraid to eat almost anywhere, but i will go to Outback, and i will buy coffee of two safe brands if it appears bread-protected and regularly cleaned.

but, i celebrate today!

it feels like i am finally past that awful "trail and error" stage where you have to figure out which foods are safe, which are dangerous, which brands are liars, how to avoid CC, learning gluten is in more than just food, and how to identify when you were glutened.

my biggest mistake was believing anything that claimed to be 100% tea leaves, beef, coffee, etc, was safe by default. i now believe this is almost never true, and will stick to 1800 numbers and gluten-free labels.

i am now to the stage where, with my handy food-log diary, i am doing "controlled experiments" with different foods, to see what i react to and how.

i will be trying nutmeg, soy, cooked onions, orange juice, corn, eggs, fish, and eventually non-low-acid coffee and rice!

i recently added potatoes and green onions back to my diet, and before that, tomatoes, both used to make me ill and now do not! a great sign.

i finally feel free, rather than trapped by the looming thought of "all food is dangerous."

Hi, I am new here and have been gluten free for 3 months with many other intorances right now still. I have been allergic to Soy for over 30 years. I am still in the process of educating myself too. The trouble is, I still have a lot of symptoms and especially neurological ones. I get so upset because I have a few good days and then go down hill again. I am constantly double and triple checking the foods to see if I have glutened myself. My allergist says I have to be patient and it will start getting a lot better after 6 months or so. I just get scared feeling the symptoms still and think I have eaten something wrong. Also, I started digestive enzymes this week because I can't get rid of my heart burn. I just had an endescope last week, still waiting for results, but I had been off of wheat for 2 months, so it may come back nagative I hear. I wanted to ask you, I read Folgers ground coffees are gluten free, have you?

Archived