This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gluten Free Makeup

lolarosa

lolarosa Newbie

Hi Everyone,

I've been contacting companies to find out if there products contain gluten. As you know this is a difficult process and getting a straight answer does not always happen. Here's what I got so far and wanted to share...

SMASHBOX Makeup

Thank you for contacting us. Gluten can be found in products that

contain wheat/rye/barley derivatives. Most smashbox products (including

the PRIMER and BLUSH) do not contain gluten, however the following

products do:

That's a Wrap Mascara

Bionic Mascara

Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder

Layer Lash Primer

Limitless Lash Waterproof Mascara

Lip Treatment

Tinted Lip Treatment

*be sure to double check the complete ingredients on the unit carton.

Best Wishes,

Customer Service

SMASHBOX COSMETICS

customerservice@smashbox.com

BARE ESCENTUALS

Thank you for contacting Bare Escentuals. I would be happy to assist you with your question regarding gluten.

We take great pride in the quality of our products. Most bareMinerals products are gluten free. This includes bareMinerals foundation, all-over face colors, blushes, eye shadows, glimmers, glimpses, liner shadows, brow minerals and body minerals. Many of our i.d. Bare Escentuals products are also gluten free, including most lip products.

Also, please don't forget to check out our new holiday products at www.bareescentuals.com.

We hope this is helpful, but please do not hesitate to contact us with any additional questions you may have via email or by phone at 1-888-795-4747 during our business hours Monday through Saturday 5 AM to 9 PM, Sunday 7 AM to 4 PM Pacific Time.

Customer satisfaction is Bare Escentuals #1 priority; we appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

Warmest Regards,

Debbie H.

Bare Escentuals Beauty Associate

It

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lolarosa Newbie

Here's some more reply's I've received:

Hi,

You were question about our products being gluten free. All of our hair conditioners have a form of wheat germ in them, and while all of our other products are free of it, they are all made in the same plant. With that being said, cross-contamination could happen.

I hope this answers your question.

Thanks for your interest in our products.

Laura Heffernan

Yes To Carrots

1590 S. Milwaukee Ave.

Suite 312

Libertyville, IL 60048

Tel: 847-816-0003

ax: 847-816-0005

Birth Control Portia:

This e-mail is in reference to a request for information concerning Barr Laboratories, Inc. product, Portia(levonorgestrel and ethinyl estradiol tablets, USP 0.15mg/0.03mg). You questioned whether the product contains any glutens. Portia Tablets is a gluten free product.

I have attached the package insert for Portia Tablets for additional information.

If you have additional questions, you can contact me at 1-800-222-0190, ext. 33302.

Regards,

Kelly A. DeRiso

Sr. Drug Information Coordinator

Global Drug Safety/Risk Management

1-800-222-0190 ext. 33302

Fax# 201-930-3331

Kelly.DeRiso@barrlabs.com

jerseyangel Proficient

Thank you for doing the research and posting the results :)

neesee Apprentice

I have a rather large collection of B.E. Love the stuff :lol: Their lipsticks do contain barley oil and their big tease mascara and rare minerals nighttime treatment contain wheat. I don't use these things.

neesee

jennavive00 Explorer

I just emailed Lancome about the foundation I use...here's the email I got back.

Thank you for contacting Lanc

oceangirl Collaborator

I've used Lancome's 'Le Rouge Absolu" line of lipsticks for a couple of years and had no problems. This line is gluten-free. Lancome has always been very helpful and forthright about this. It's also been nice that an employee at the Lancome at Macy's in Portsmouth, NH has celiac and is very knowledgable about the line.

lisa

• 3 months later...
Nancy J Newbie

My email from Clinique.

CONSUMERCARE-US@GCC.CLINIQUE.COM

Thank you for your interest in Clinique.

While a formulation may contain no wheat, oat, barley or rye derivatives, for the benefit of our gluten-sensitive consumers who may have cross-sensitivities, Clinique takes the extra precaution of including corn, rice and soy in our research.

Lash Power Mascara contains soy.

High Definition Lashes contains corn soy and wheat.

Lash Doubling Mascra contains corn and soy.

High Impact Mascara contains corn, soy, and wheat.

Naturally Glossy Mascara contains corn and soy.

Comfort on Call contains soy, and oat.

Superdefense SPF 25 Age Defense Moisturizer Dry Combination contains corn, soy, wheat and barley.

Super Rescue Antioxidant Night Moisturizer Dry Combination contains corn, soy and wheat.

Moisture Sheer Tint SPF 15 contains corn, and soy.

Zero Gravity Repairwear Lift Firming Cream Dry Combination contains corn and soy.

Superbalm Lip Treatment contains wheat, barley and soy

Supermoisture Makeup contains corn and soy.

Repairwear Anti-Aging Makeup SPF 15 contains barley and wheat.

Advanced Stop Signs contains soy, barley extract, wheat, and Corn.

Facial Soap Extra Mild contains corn.

Clarifying Lotion 1contains contains various grains, soy, and corn.

Clarifying Lotion 2 contains soy.

Even Better Skin Tone Corrector contains corn soy and wheat.

Turnaround 15 min Facial contains corn and rice bran extract.

Happy Heart Body Cream Creme Perfume

Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser contains soy.

Liquid Facial Soap Mild contains corn and soy.

Liquid Facial Soap Extra Mild contains corn soy and barley.

Pore Minimizer Refining Lotion contains wheat and soy.

Colour Surge Lipstick contains corn and soy.

Long Last Soft Shine Lipstick contains corn, soy and wheat.

Different Lipstick contains corn and soy.

A vast number of raw materials from many different suppliers and sources are used in the manufacture of Estee Lauder Companies' products. It is therefore not possible for us to fully guarantee that our products are completely free of ingredients that may elicit an allergic response in highly sensitive individuals who react to gluten. For example, it is possible that small amounts of a wheat sourced ingredient may remain on shared manufacturing equipment even after a thorough cleaning. We therefore recommend that you discuss this with your physician, because consumer safety is of utmost concern to us.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived