This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Anyone From Pa.

kimis

LadyCyclist87 Apprentice
Hi Ladycyclist87

Glad you love Pittsburgh. We are having a gluten-free evening on Feb 5 09 in Butler if you would like to come & join us. If you want more info please let me know. blessings

mamaw

That's awesome! What exactly is going on? Is it just a big community dinner that's entirely gluten-free? I just might be up for it... :-)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mamaw Community Regular

Ladycyclist87

I sent you a personal message about the meeting.......

blessings

mamaw

• 3 months later...
LadyBugLuv Rookie

Ok... I know this isn't the newest thread... but Hooray for fellow Pennsylvanians :)

I'm originally from RI,

but went to Duquesne out in Pittsburgh, PA, and now live in Lancaster County, PA :). We love it.

I work in Harrisburg, too.

exciting. :)

mamaw Community Regular

Hi Ladybugluv

welcome.

I live near Pittsburgh .Lancaster is a wonderful area with a great gluten-free group of people. I go to this area about once or twice a year for some R&R......while there we always journey to philly & NJ...... to do some gluten-free shopping.....

blessings

mamaw

JBaby Enthusiast
Any other Celiacs live in Pa? I live just outside of Philadelphia..

Pittsburgh

mamaw Community Regular

JBaby

Where are you in Pittsburgh? I'm the founder of a gluten-free group in the area.....

JBaby Enthusiast
JBaby

Where are you in Pittsburgh? I'm the founder of a gluten-free group in the area.....

Downtown area. How many of us are there?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Jamie1763 Newbie

Not PA but 20 min outside philly in South Jersey :)

mamaw Community Regular

JBaby

I have over 100 registered but all is not celiac. We sample new products at each meeting & do a lot of mailorder for the best of the best. We are the only group in the tri-state area.... if you need any help let me know. I have been a gluten-free mentor for many years. I also test market for many gluten-free vendors/bakers.

estelita Rookie

I'm near Altoona. Anyone else?

mamaw Community Regular

I know a gentlemen from Mineral Point, Pa The home of Better Batter flour is in Belltown!

estelita Rookie
I know a gentlemen from Mineral Point, Pa The home of Better Batter flour is in Belltown!

Bellwood... I know. Yet ironically, I cannot find a support group near me!

Luvmycats Newbie

Hello,

I'm from Pittsburgh.

Diagnosed with celiac 6-07.

Diagnosed with collagenous colitis 3-09.

Mamaw--do you know of any social events, etc. held in the Pittsburgh area for celiacs?

Does anyone out there also have collagenous colitis? If so, can you relate your experience...how long you've had it...what medication you take...any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

:D

• 2 weeks later...
mamaw Community Regular

Luvmycats

Sorrry , I guess I missed this section when I was checking in!

Yes, we are the only active group here in Butler. I get people from the tri-state area.

We are having a gluten-free luncheon at Uno"s in Cranberry Twp on July 11,09 at 12:30 sharp. Uno's will have their new extended menu by then. ALso in Oct we will be having a gluten-free seminar in Cranberry Twp at the Marriott North.

I'll send you a pm with my phone number if you want to talk more.

blessings

mamaw

• 1 month later...
Chuck8268 Rookie

South central Pa here,,,,,,,,,,how yu doing?

luvs2eat Collaborator

I live in the beautiful Ozark Mts. in Arkansas now, but lived for 30 years in the New Hope, PA, area in Bucks County... pretty up there!

I miss Giant and their awesome gluten-free selections, but find I can get almost anything gluten-free I need ordering thru Amazon, thank goodness... not a lot of gluten-free stuff here in AR.

Maggiano's in KOP has a gluten-free menu and the peeps there were SO nice about accommodating me! Try it!

Chuck8268 Rookie
I live in southeastern York County, PA.

beautiful Bedfford county here

• 3 weeks later...
glutenfreegal Newbie

hi! I am from PA! right outside philly...Montgomery county!!

Chuck8268 Rookie
I'm near Altoona. Anyone else?

somerset/bedford here

• 1 month later...
TownieHeather Newbie

State College here :) A non-student, but I'm 25 so I guess I'm still in that age range.

Tigercat17 Enthusiast
Luvmycats

Sorrry , I guess I missed this section when I was checking in!

Yes, we are the only active group here in Butler. I get people from the tri-state area.

We are having a gluten-free luncheon at Uno"s in Cranberry Twp on July 11,09 at 12:30 sharp. Uno's will have their new extended menu by then. ALso in Oct we will be having a gluten-free seminar in Cranberry Twp at the Marriott North.

I'll send you a pm with my phone number if you want to talk more.

blessings

mamaw

Hi Mamaw,

I'm very intested interested in your group. I live in very near to Pittsburgh. Could you send me some information? I've been diagnosed with celiac just five weeks ago & I'd love to meet other people who know a lot about this disease. It would be so nice to have someone to talk to that understand. :)

Thanks!

Harley0000 Rookie

Hey

I am from NY, a couple of hours from Phila. How long have you had Celiacs? I am very newly diagnosed....like last week. :(

Nancy

Harley0000 Rookie
Hi Mamaw,

I'm very intested interested in your group. I live in very near to Pittsburgh. Could you send me some information? I've been diagnosed with celiac just five weeks ago & I'd love to meet other people who know a lot about this disease. It would be so nice to have someone to talk to that understand. :)

Thanks!

Hello There!

I am from NY and was just recently diagnosed with Celiacs last week. There is SOO much info out there, but it is mind boggling. I also would like to chat with people who are going through the same thing. I am really struggling....

Nanc

mamaw Community Regular

Tigercat17

Would you like to join some of our group on Nov 8,09 at 3;30 for gluten-free dining ? You & yours are more than welcome.. I just need to know how many are coming so I can give a person count to the restaurant.

I mentor new people often..... We also buy gluten-free foods in bulk & its alot cheaper & also we get the best of the best.....

At present we can't meet monthly because of the remodeling going on at the church we use so we have been getting together with dining experiences... If you send me a pm with your regular e-mail I will give you my contact phone number but I don't publish it on here!

In the past at meetings we have done all kinds of fun things,gluten-free cooking demos, alot of sampling, updates on gluten-free foods, whats good whats not, mainstream gluten-free products, current events & much more. In 2 1/2 years we have never had a meeting where as gluten-free food samples were not shared by all to take home! We have a nice group of people all age groups from children to adults & seniors....

Harley0000

You are invited as well! Where in Ny are you? Also if you want help via the phone I will also help you . Just send me a pm for my contact number & you can reach me with your questions...or pm me with your questions.

I stay up with current info & use only reliable resources.

My pet peeve is people who spread info around & have nothing to back it back with! Hear-say is not the way to go. Misinformation is worse than no information.......

blessings

mamaw

• 1 month later...
Lanie940 Newbie
Bucks County, here!

Lehigh County here

Archived