This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gf Drinks

parkerrmmc

parkerrmmc Apprentice

Hi! I am posting a list of drinks I am curious about:

Pepsi

7-up

Mt. Dew

Coke

Caffeine-free coke

sprite

Tropicana orange juice

Minute Maid Lemonade

Does anyone know if these are gluten-free? Also, anyone know what other juices are gluten-free?

Thanks so much!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest gfinnebraska

All gluten-free. All 100% juices are gluten-free. :)

parkerrmmc Apprentice

Thanks, Kimberly :)

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

This is a response I got to Tropicana. Not all of their orange juices are gluten-free.

Thank you for visiting the Tropicana Website.

We recognize that it is important to provide consumers with information so that they can make informed choices about the products they purchase. We are currently in the process of evaluating all of our products for the presence of the top eight allergens. At this time, we can not recommend products that list natural flavors or any other additives in the ingredient listing for people who are gluten intolerant.

Tropicana Pure Premium juices are the only juices that do not contain gluten. However, these Pure Premium juices (without any additives) are ones that include the plant numbers 48, 12 or 33. Plant information is located in the expiration code and can found following the month and day.

The other drinks you mentioned are gluten-free.

celiac3270 Collaborator

Yes--Tropicana has the convenient number policy.

As a previous poster said, all 100% juices are gluten-free.

I know this wasn't on your list, but V8 is also gluten-free.

All softdrinks made by Pepsi, Co. are gluten-free, including Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Caffeine-Free Pepsi, Diet/Caffeine-Free Pepsi, etc., Mountain Dew, Pepsi One, Slice, Mug Root Beer, Wild Cherry Pepsi, Pepsi Twist, etc....and whatever others I missed.

If you e-mail Coca-Cola, they will send you their list, which includes Coca-Cola Classic, Diet Coke, Diet/Caffeine-free Coke, Caffeine-Free Coke, Coke with Lime (and diet, etc.) , Coke with Lemon (and diet, etc.), Sunkist, Sprite, Diet Sprite, etc........I missed many--

7-up is gluten-free.

parkerrmmc Apprentice

Thanks for all the info. Very helpful! I am new to all of this and I am feeling so overwhelmed and confused. I just want to make sure that I don't give my son anything that could harm him. Were all of you just as confused and overwhelmed in your beginnings with Celiac?

Thanks!

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

Yes it was so overwhelming to me at first. I had so many accidents too because things I thought were gluten free were not. I didn't realize how many things could have gluten hidden in them. It really does get easier so hang in there :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

celiac3270 Collaborator

Yes--well-sorta. At first I thought if it had gluten you'd see wheat, rye, barley, or oats on the label--then I found out about modified food starch, flavorings, etc. Then it was a little overwhelming--but even before, too.....I'm getting a little specific here, but--yes.

brdbntL Rookie

Dr.Pepper, Hawain Punch and Kool-aid are also gluten-free.

celiac3270 Collaborator

Here's a part of the official Coca-Cola reply:

We are able to confirm that Coca-Cola classic, caffeine free Coca-Cola

classic, Coca-Cola C2, Diet Coke, Diet Coke with Lemon, Diet Coke with

Lime, caffeine free Diet Coke, Sprite, Sprite ReMix Berryclear, Diet

Sprite Zero, vanilla Coke, diet vanilla Coke, cherry Coke, Fresca, and

our 100% juice products (without added ingredients) are gluten free.

lovegrov Collaborator

All other Coke soft drinks are almost without question gluten-free, but they won't say so apparently because they have less control over the ingredient suppliers for those products.

richard

celiac3270 Collaborator

Yes--this is the entire message they send back. In the part I put in bold and red, they go into this long explanation about the Codex standard applying to the rest of their products and not being able to guarantee other products.

Thank you for contacting The Coca-Cola Company.

We are able to confirm that Coca-Cola classic, caffeine free Coca-Cola

classic, Coca-Cola C2, Diet Coke, Diet Coke with Lemon, Diet Coke with

Lime, caffeine free Diet Coke, Sprite, Sprite ReMix Berryclear, Diet

Sprite Zero, vanilla Coke, diet vanilla Coke, cherry Coke, Fresca, and

our 100% juice products (without added ingredients) are gluten free.

Additionally, we can tell you that all of our other products meet

Codex's definition of gluten-free, which is less than 200 ppm (0.02%)

gluten.  Codex has examined the data and determined that less than 200 ppm

gluten is below the level in which people with celiac disease would

experience adverse reactions.  However, at this time the U.S. Food and Drug

Administration does not have a regulatory definition of gluten-free.

We can assure you that the exact amount of gluten in these products is

very low - perhaps even zero.  Some minor ingredients in these products

are manufactured from plants that gluten-sensitive people could react

to, so we are unable to state categorically that they are totally

gluten-free even though they may have undetectable levels of gluten in them.

The Codex guideline provides a very low threshold for gluten content

and exposures below this level are not expected to result in damage to

the majority of gluten-sensitive individuals.  However, extremely

gluten-sensitive individuals should discuss consumption of these products with

their health care provider.

We hope that this information is helpful.

Archived