Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Weight Watchers

4 posts in this topic

Just went back to Weight Watchers to get off the weight that I have gained. After being at goal I have gained back some unwanted pounds. Weight Watchers has two plans now....one is the Flex Plan that features counting points and the other which is kind of similar to South Beach called the Core Plan. I did the Core the first week back and lost over 3#, which made me happy. I knew that if I didn't have a good lost on Core, then I would have to go Flex and I didn't want to do that. Have any of you, my fellow gluten-free/cf friends, gone to WWatchers and how are you doing? I found it to be a really workable plan and think I will be able to stick with it....it really fits into the gluten-free/cf lifestyle too. Barbara

I did flex for a while. I quit worrying about losing weight when I started having health problems, so I haven't actually "dieted" for a while. Weight Watchers is the best plan for me, as it is the only one that accomodates all of my allergies, as well as celiac.

I haven't tried WW, but should! :) What is the Core plan like? What do you eat? What does it "count"?? Thanks for any details!!

My mom has been on WW for awhile, so I sorta know the jist of it. With the flex plan, you have a certain number of points, based on your current weight. You can determine the number of points in a food from the calories, fat, and fiber. So you have your daily alotted points and then the flex plan gives you 35 extras to use throughout the week any day you want.

The core plan is where you can only eat things from a list they give you, but you can, within reason, eat as much of them as you want until you're satisfied. Then, also, you have 35 points to use throughout the week. The advantage to core is that much of it is natural and basically most processed food is cut out.