- - - - -

Weight Watchers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_barbara3675_*

Guest_barbara3675_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2005 - 01:48 PM

Just went back to Weight Watchers to get off the weight that I have gained. After being at goal I have gained back some unwanted pounds. Weight Watchers has two plans now....one is the Flex Plan that features counting points and the other which is kind of similar to South Beach called the Core Plan. I did the Core the first week back and lost over 3#, which made me happy. I knew that if I didn't have a good lost on Core, then I would have to go Flex and I didn't want to do that. Have any of you, my fellow gluten-free/cf friends, gone to WWatchers and how are you doing? I found it to be a really workable plan and think I will be able to stick with it....it really fits into the gluten-free/cf lifestyle too. Barbara

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 07:49 PM

I did flex for a while. I quit worrying about losing weight when I started having health problems, so I haven't actually "dieted" for a while. Weight Watchers is the best plan for me, as it is the only one that accomodates all of my allergies, as well as celiac.
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

#3 Guest_gfinnebraska_*

Guest_gfinnebraska_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2005 - 10:11 AM

I haven't tried WW, but should! :) What is the Core plan like? What do you eat? What does it "count"?? Thanks for any details!!

#4 celiac3270

celiac3270

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 12:16 PM

My mom has been on WW for awhile, so I sorta know the jist of it. With the flex plan, you have a certain number of points, based on your current weight. You can determine the number of points in a food from the calories, fat, and fiber. So you have your daily alotted points and then the flex plan gives you 35 extras to use throughout the week any day you want.

The core plan is where you can only eat things from a list they give you, but you can, within reason, eat as much of them as you want until you're satisfied. Then, also, you have 35 points to use throughout the week. The advantage to core is that much of it is natural and basically most processed food is cut out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: