Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Why Am I Retaining So Much Water?

3 posts in this topic

I am retaining an extreme amount of water. My guts are so swollen, and I don't know why. It's not just my lower guts- it's higher too, like stomach and liver area. I've felt like vomiting since I woke up yesterday morning. I'm not peeing even half as much as I should for the amount I've had to drink. I haven't eliminated since yesterday.

This doesn't seem anything like a glutening experience. I thought maybe food poisoning, but I haven't vomited or had D at all. I'm trying to think of all the possibilities... rotten food? I had some mushrooms that looked a little old. I had sushi, but that was 36 hours before I felt anything. I had some popcorn that made me feel really sick, but I'd had it before. It was Safeway organics butter flavor. No gluten that I know of. It had palm oil if that makes a difference.

I was also wondering- does this happen with bladder infections? I've been training hard lately, and it seems like many friends have had this issue from training as well, but I stay well hydrated.

Ads by Google:

You really need to see a doctor as soon as you can. Especially if this is something that is new. That wouldn't happen with a bladder infection but a kidney problem is another story. Please get this evaluated.

You really need to see a doctor as soon as you can. Especially if this is something that is new. That wouldn't happen with a bladder infection but a kidney problem is another story. Please get this evaluated.

What she said.