#1 Lauriann

Lauriann

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 06:56 AM

Hi everyone...

Thank you for all the great advise..I havent changed my shampoos or conditioners to gluten free just yet...I didnt really think about getting gluten from those products...I also started 2 days ago with the nose sores again..they are so awful to look at...but I hoping with maintaining my gluten free diet all will disapper with time...

I did get glutened twice this week by accident and didnt realize how sick I could get with just a small amount of gluten.... As with many on this site, I am having a diffiult time with contamination with family and with friends... My family laughed at me in regard to the disease and told me that I made it up and dont believe that anyone can get that sick from crumbs or anything related to the Celiac...my family actually googled Celiac to see if it was real or just in my head...

But, again thank you for the advise with the ears and nose issue...I am not really sure what products are safe to use as I am new to the gluten free diet and I am still learning the dos and donts...

Lauri

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Wonka

Wonka

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 08:19 AM

I don't have any answers for you but I did want to say how sorry I was that your family has chosen, and it is a choice, to not try and understand what you are up against. Hang in there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: