20 replies to this topic

#16 julirama723

julirama723

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 07:26 AM

glutenfreebaker--funny you should mention that, because I think corn might be problematic for me as well.

I have tried a few other brands since that post--a few different styles of Tostito's, and some other store brand, as well as the Carmen's chips again. Only once did I not have an immediate reaction. I figured the chips were CC'd. They very well might have been.

However, I also tried some cornbread (stuff I made myself) for Thanksgiving, as well as corn tortillas that were marked GLUTEN-FREE. While those things tasted delicious, and I'm 99.9% there was no cross-contamination, I still had GI issues after eating them. So I'm quite sure corn will not be in my future, I think I'm intolerant...which is a shame because I have always preferred corn chips/tortillas to flour. Perhaps that's why? :)
Graves Disease 5/95-5/97
Noticeable GI distress started 8/07
Mom Dx Celiac 9/08
Dietary Response POS 10/08
Bloodwork and Biopsy NEG 12/08
IgA Deficient

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 cjsmommy

cjsmommy

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 09:51 AM

Mission is made on dedicated lines but I don't think the factory is gluten-free.

http://www.missionmenus.com/FAQs.aspx

Thanks for this information! I love chips & salsa, homemade cheese dip; so I am thrilled to find this out!
I will try making a taco gluten free meal tonight! tongue.gif
melissa

#18 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 10:21 AM

I find that too much corn, particularly in chip form, just doesn't sit well with me. Similar symptoms to glutening, but not quite the same. Doesn't matter the brand, does matter the quantity.
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#19 Echohead

Echohead

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:41 AM

I'm a little late to the game on this thread, but I'll throw out that Juanita's tortilla chips are super amazing, made out of actual food, and are GMO and gluten-free. Oh, and usually cheaper than a lot of other chips, also.

Be wary of any besides the red bag. They may be gluten-free, but I'm not sure off hand.

00048867312164_full.jpg

#20 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:34 PM

I'm a little late to the game on this thread, but I'll throw out that Juanita's tortilla chips are super amazing, made out of actual food, and are GMO and gluten-free. Oh, and usually cheaper than a lot of other chips, also.

Be wary of any besides the red bag. They may be gluten-free, but I'm not sure off hand.

00048867312164_full.jpg

Just to be clear...are you saying the red bag is gluten-free or you think it is?

Thanks!

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#21 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,234 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:45 PM

Anyone else reading this thread:

Please note that the product info is 5 years old. Ingredients change. We have current threads about chips.

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: