7 replies to this topic

#1 BRCoats

BRCoats

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 08:27 PM

Can someone tell me FOR SURE that these are gluten free? I read the archives, and saw that the calcium chews are gluten-free, but am unsure of the multi-vitamin. I purchased the tropical fruit splash flavor. As far as the ingredients that are listed, it looks ok.....and I checked their website, but it didn't have any info.

Anybody know for sure???

Thanks,

Brenda
~Brenda

Celiac, gastroparesis, PCOD, heart problems, pacemaker.

Diagnosed 7-12-04 via bloodwork. Never had a biopsy, doc didn't think it was necessary (said I would know just by going gluten-free).

gluten-free two weeks after diagnosis (and my last bag of Oreos). :-)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 darlindeb25

darlindeb25

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 03:56 AM

;) my sister told me to try the calcium chews because calcium tablets bother my tummy, she is celiac too and has used them--so i know they are gluten-free, as for the others, i dont know------last night i was in a CVS pharmacy and found that CVS vitamins are gluten free and dairy free--they state it on the bottles, just like the nature's way i have always used and this week, they are buy one get one free--i think its wonderful how many preoducts are now listing the gluten statis on their products-------deb
Deb
Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

#3 angel_jd1

angel_jd1

Gluten Free Goddess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 05:36 AM

The multivitamin chews from Viactiv are a brand new product. They just came out within the last month or so. You would probably be better off calling the company to find out the status. Let us know what you find out.

-Jessica :rolleyes:
Jessica
Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!
Kansas

#4 BRCoats

BRCoats

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 03:48 PM

Dear Brenda,

Hey everyone,

Below is Viactiv's response to my inquiry as to whether they are gluten free or not. I had one, and they are pretty yummy. I am pretty sick today, so I'm not sure if they really agree with me or not.....nothing does today!! But they definitely taste good. :-)

HTH,
Brenda

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for visiting the VIACTIV ™ Multi-Vitamin Chews website.

Gluten is a protein found in wheat, barley, rye and sometimes oats. VIACTIV Multi-Vitamin chews do not contain gluten.

If you would like to learn more about calcium, bone health, and osteoporosis, please feel free to call us toll free at
1-877-VIACTIV (1-877-842-2848), or visit our website at www.viactiv.com.

Tracey Ely
VIACTIV Consumer Relationship Center

Cholesterol management is a very important part of your heart health. Our BENECOL® Products are a delicious way to lower your cholesterol. BENECOL® Spreads and Smart Chews contain an ingredient derived from natural plant sources that is proven to reduce cholesterol levels. If you would like to receive information about BENECOL® Products, please call our toll free number 1-888-236-3265 or visit us online at www.benecolusa.com.
~Brenda

Diagnosed 7-12-04 via bloodwork. Never had a biopsy, doc didn't think it was necessary (said I would know just by going gluten-free).

#5 gf4life

gf4life

Our family "photo" as drawn by my daughter Hannah

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 02:07 PM

I started taking the Viactiv calcium chews and also the Viactiv Multi-vitamin last week. I don't know why, but they are upsetting my stomach. This is why I stopped taking viatmins before, they make me feel dizzy and like I'm going to throw up. I just can't figure out why. I am going to stop taking the multi-vit and try just the calcium. Then if I still feel that way, I'm going to have to stop them all again. I just thought that I could get a little candy fix at the same time as taking my vitamins. No such luck, the multi-vit leaves a horrible taste in my mouth and I can't stand it. The calcium seems to taste okay though...

Anyone else have this problem. I know the manufacturer says they are gluten-free, but something in them doesn't agree with me. Most vitamins don't. I did okay on the GNC womens mega vitamin, but only if I took half a dose every few days. Maybe I just don't need the extra vitamins and my body is rejecting the excess?? I got glutened recently and I felt I needed the extra boost while I am recovering. It puts me down for a few weeks and I was hoping the vitamins would give me a bit more energy, not make me feel worse...

God bless,
Mariann
~West Coast-Central California~

Mariann, gluten intolerant and mother of 3 gluten intolerant children

#6 BRCoats

BRCoats

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 08:29 PM

gf4life,

I know this is an old thread, so I apologize. But I wanted to tell you that the Viactiv really upsets my stomach. Takes me a couple days to get over it. Sometimes I think it's all the additives they put in supplements. ??

Oh well....off to find a different calcium. :blink:

~Brenda
~Brenda

#7 Guest_kmmolina_*

Guest_kmmolina_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2005 - 10:11 PM

I too am sorry that I am just now reading this thread and responding. I am taking a sublingual (not sure if that is the right spelling) of B12, B-6 & folic acid. It is a little tiny pill that you put under your tongue and is dissolves quickly. I found it at Lassen's in Bakersfield and the store called the manufacture - Continental Vitamin Company to confirm that it was gluten-free...and it was. I had a doctor's visit today and he said that they are starting to come out with more of these types of meds because of absorbtion issues with other diseases.

Kathleen

#8 BRCoats

BRCoats

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 05:14 PM

Hey, would that be cool, or what!!!??? :P Let us know if you hear anything else on that sort of thing (sublingual supplements). I would buy them in a heartbeat!

~Brenda
~Brenda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: