Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

New To The Gf Life Style

11 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm new here. Great site & I have found many of the posts helpful!

I find that since I've gotten off gluten, I am always hungry!

Not to mention my budget is hurting......

I'm not having a great start to this life...

Ads by Google:

Hello! You'll get familiar with this new lifestyle very fast. It is hard but well worht it!

Yes, it does get much easier and much more natural. It will never get easy--you're always worried about contamination and reading labels, but it does get better. Do you have any specific questions?

I can relate, but it will get better. :)

Like everyone has said, it DOES get easier. Things are very overwhelming in the beginning. Hang in there.

There is a good thread that was started about shopping on a budget. You might want to check that out, has tons of great ideas for those of us without a large bank account ;) .

-Jessica :rolleyes:

It takes a while for your body to adjust to the new lifestyle. The hunger goes away and you will find yourself eating much less than you used to. that is what happened with me. I can eat better foods and spend less money that I used to.

Ianm

I find that since I've gotten off gluten, I am always hungry!

I find that Tinkyada brown rice pasta is very filling and it isn't that expensive. I eat this pasta with Ragu sauce all the time (My personal favorite is Herbed Tomato & Wine).

ummmmmmmmmm :P

Chili is also very filling. Here is a recipe:

Hamburger

Heinz beans in tomato sauce

Heinz Chili style red kidney beans

Heinz Tomato Sauce

McCormick Chili Powder

You can also add red/green peppers, onions, corn, and/or tomatoes.

Hey, thanks for the support everyone!

In a lot of books & websites they say to have a support group to help you.

I find that is ture! It's tough doing this alone. I appreciate the advice as well.

I have so many questions it's overwhelming. Right now I'm just trying to read as much information as I can to better educate myself with this. I figure: the more I know, the easier this will be.

(I'm trying to stay positive :D )

Hey, thanks for the support everyone!

In a lot of books & websites they say to have a support group to help you.

I find that is ture! It's tough doing this alone. I appreciate the advice as well.

I have so many questions it's overwhelming. Right now I'm just trying to read as much information as I can to better educate myself with this. I figure: the more I know, the easier this will be.

(I'm trying to stay positive )

It sounds like you have the right attitude. I live in New York City where I know I could find support groups where you meet with people in person, but I love this site and this is the best support group I've found! :D I agree with you 100%, too about educating yourself about celiac--that's the attitude everyone should have when starting this diet :).

If you can pick out some of the most important questions, I'm sure we can help. It might help just to post a numbered list of things you don't understand or need links for or whatever.

Welcome Aboard 12bGF!

This message forum can be very theraputic in that answers to your questions can be found, as well as advice from true celiac disease veterans. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Dealing with celiac disease can be frustrating as we all have found out. Some days are good and others not so good. Keep your chin-up and get yourself well.

Cleveland Bob :)