5 replies to this topic

#1 gf4life

gf4life

Our family "photo" as drawn by my daughter Hannah

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 02:38 PM

I'm having problems when I post my messages. The bar on the right side of the screen covers where I am typing, so I can't see if I am spelling things correctly! This is frustrating for me, since there is no spell check and I prefer to spell correctly when I can. Does anyone else have problems with this? I know the ads need to be here, but do they have to cover the typing area? :huh:

Scott if you can help with this, please do. I have been typing a lot of my messages in other programs and then cutting and pasting. It take a lot more of my time this way!

Mariann :(
~West Coast-Central California~

Mariann, gluten intolerant and mother of 3 gluten intolerant children

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 celiac3270

celiac3270

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 02:45 PM

The ads don't cover the posting area for me, but when I have the window in a normal mode, all the text in the posts are crunched together. Therefore, I've been maximizing the window so I can see everything better--the way I used to :). It was fine with ads on the left, since those just continue down the column that's already taken up with links to sections on the site. It's the new ads on the right from google that crunch it in. No problems like yours...but just the width of the posts is much smaller.....

#3 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 03:08 PM

Yeah mine is like celiac3270s. I can see everything fine it is a little crunched with the new ads on the right though.
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

#4 Canadian Karen

Canadian Karen

That Crazy Canuck!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 04:48 PM

Mine is also the same as celiac3270's and Kaiti's.....

Maybe your screen needs to be reformatted in some way..... Just guessing, I know very little about computers!!!!!

Karen
Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy
Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism
endometriosis (at age 20)
spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.
Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs
Rhiannon 8 yrs
Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."
Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.
-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."
Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."
Unknown

#5 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 08:22 PM

I have no problem with mine, assuming that the window is large enough. It looks like the site is designed for 1024x768 (well, really a little small, but definitely larger than 800x600), so if your resolution is set too small, that may be part of the problem. When this happens to you, is there a scroll bar at the bottom of your internet browser window that will allow you to scroll to the right (in the window)? If so, and your browser window is maximized, it's a screen resolution problem.
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#6 gf4life

gf4life

Our family "photo" as drawn by my daughter Hannah

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 09:47 PM

Thanks guys. Now that I resized it to 1024x768 I'm going to need magnifying glasses to read the posts! :rolleyes: Even with my glasses on! It is so darn small. So now I can see the whole screen and the ad doesn't cover it, but I can hardly read the words! :blink:

God bless,
Mariann
~West Coast-Central California~

Mariann, gluten intolerant and mother of 3 gluten intolerant children

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: