Get email alerts Get E-mail Alerts Sponsor: Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE email alerts

3 posts in this topic

I was diagnosed as having Celiacs in December (altough they found no damage in my upper intestine). I have felt much better since going gluten-free. A week ago, I was very bad and had some things I should not have had. Since then it is as if my digestive system has had a meltdown! I am painfully bloated/gassy, with serious cramping and nasea. My BF are hard and pellet-like. This has been going on a week. Any suggestions to help treat these symptoms? Nothing seems to help. Anyone experience this?

Ads by Google:

Sounds to me like this is a REALLY good lesson as to why you shouldn't eat gluten. <_< Cheating does damage. There are too many nasty things that can come from not saying on the gluten free diet. If the big C word (cancer) doesn't scare you then I don't know what will. Cancer, lupus, infertility, diabetes etc etc, those are NOT nice things. I don't think eating a doughnut or a piece of pizza is worth it.

Time is about all that will "cure" your reaction that your body is going through. You can try drinking lots of water, eat good foods, some people say that peppermint teas help calm their stomach.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Basically when we cheat we pay the consequences. You have to let the reaction run its course. There are only things we can do to help settle the stomach. Take enzymes during and after meals, take probiotics, liquid vitamins, and teas like tummy mint ,peppermint, and ginger teas work well with soothing the stomach. It's really not worth it all the risks involved and feeling like crap. Find good brands of things you can have.

You will not get better if you are only 50% or 80 % gluten free. The reason why you probably are not getting better yet is because you are eating things u shouldn't. You need to be 100% gluten free.

Do you also know of everything gluten can be hidden under?

Here is a link to safe and forbidden foods to help with a guideline since you are fairy new to the diet. You may or may not already know this info.

Everytime something tempts you think about the consequences to it. Your body works against itself when you eat gluten. It is slowly killing you if you continue to have frequent mistakes. It takes a while for gluten to get out of your system as well. Also cancers and other serious issues come from not following the diet.

I hope you feel better soon :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• So, now they have found a metal toxicity in my body along with needing to be gluten free.  For the toxicity, I am now taking supplements after and between meals.  This a good thing because it prompts me to actually eat 3 meals a day and in a timely manner and not just a grab on the go item whenever.  The down side is remembering to take the silly things.  I can honestly say how much a pain it is to remember to take the supplements sometimes.  Been on this regimen for about a week now, and I am starting to feel better and all my systems are getting thoroughly cleaned out.  The real test will be in about 3 weeks or so, as it is about this time I become more vulnerable to the neurological symptoms.  I actually did some research on metal toxicity and found something incredible.  The symptoms I had been having all fall under this problem.  This could also have been yet another contributing factor of why I needed to go gluten free. Just a thought.  One thing I did consistently find is that once the toxicity is taken care of, this would not take away any food allergies or gluten issues.  I had gone through a different detox program back in February-March, and the neurological symptoms I have been dealing with was magnified x10 it seemed.  Another praise in this regimen is that I have been virtually symptom free since taking these supplements.  A few episodes but very minor.   
    • I have not taken him to a dermatologist. I have dapsone, which I put on the rash, it always clears up. I have it for another family member. But then I started reading about celiac and all these dots are out there but not connected.  The next time he has the bumps, I am going to take him in. In the mean time, I am trying to find a dermatologist who understands the condition. I don't want my kid to have celiac. And I kinda feel crazy for thinking he may have a gluten issue but with it in my family and him having these other things, I want to be dilligent.   i will read up on the test you suggested. Thanks for taking the time to read and respond everyone.   
    • I tested positive to deamidated gliadin in August at a hospital. My old GI tested me using gliadin (the test listed on your result) in September and it was negative. Literally the next day, my new GI tested for deamidated gliadin again and it was positive (I was unaware the hospital scheduled an appointment with the new GI for follow up).  If you still suspect it, Google deamidated gliadin, print out the Mayo clinic lab info and circle the part where it says they have discontinued the use of gliadin in favor of the deamidated gliadin.  Has he seen a dermatologist?
    • He has a rash on his fingers from time to time. Angular Chetelis. Mouth sores. So skinny. Anxious. 
    • The blood test results are negative (and he had the complete panel).  No GI issues (per your posting).  What makes you suspect celiac disease?  
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member