Still Coping...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_imsohungry_*

Guest_imsohungry_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2005 - 07:17 AM

Hey everyone,

It's been awhile since I posted. I'm still trying my best to be gluten-free as often as possible. But it is so hard right now. As I stated in another message, my mother has been diagnosed with colon cancer and I am worried about her. She has started Chemo. and radiation, and she is very fatigued. My seizures are happening like crazy...I'm just stressed. But anyway, enough about all of that...

I got an A this term for my class! I'm afraid that I haven't been that good at being gluten-free though...and gosh, my bowels are showing it too! :rolleyes:

I MAINLY wanted to tell you all hey! :P So, ya'll take care! -Julie

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 McDougall

McDougall

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 08:51 PM

Hey, you are celiac and eating gluten? I hate to say the obvious but that is a very very bad idea, maybe you get away with it for a little bit but it just is not worth it I promise you. Best thing you could do to help your Mom right now is stay healthy and stay gluten-free. Take care I hope you and your Mom get better.

#3 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 06:24 AM

It can be hard but once you get off of it and see how much better you do it really isn't that hard to avoid it.
Think about the risks of cancers, diabetes, and other serious things....that scares me to death and that should scare you away from gluten.
Think about it...is your health worth risking for a piece of pizza?
You will not like the consequences in the long run...it's a very bad idea to stay on gluten.

Hope you and your mom feel better soon :D
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: