Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Please Help With Results ?

5 posts in this topic

I got my Genetic Testing Done and my DR. says well I'm not a Genetestis so I couldn't understand the results so she went on line to try to interpret them herself. My HLA-DQ2 was positive and my HLA-DQ8 was negative the paper says LOCUS DQB1 Alleles 02,0603. Can someone please tell me what this means. The DR. Said she could not tell one way or another and said well there's nothing wrong with you. I contacted the place that did the testing they said the DR. would have to call and they suggested I call the hospital for more help which I did but they couldn't tell me much either. Since the Dr. pretty much brushed me off I'm not getting anywhere with her. So Please if anyone could help me understand this I would greatly appreciate it!!!

Ads by Google:

I'm a bit confused myself...

DQ2 is one of the main genes for celiac, although to know your risk you'd have to know the alpha portion of that gene. There's a big difference between DQ2.5 and DQ2.2. It is possible, with that gene alone, that you could have celiac disease. Have you done any other tests?

If "0603" is your other gene (DQ6), that's actually a good thing. According to Wikipedia, DQ6.3 gives you protection from a lot of autoimmune disorders and some protection against HIV.

Did the doctor give you the actual report? Or is that just the note he/she wrote down for you?

She gave me the report. I have had Blood test done which came back negative but I was already on the diet. I also have had both scopes done but GI DR. still won't give up the results of biopsy. I've been to so many Dr.'s they have asked for biopsy results from him he will not send them.. So I'm going to have to go in and demand them. I'm just so frustrated and tired of getting the run around and the typical there's nothing wrong with you and it's all in your head diagnosis. The testing was performed at H & I Laboratory in Salt Lake City UT.

She gave me the report. I have had Blood test done which came back negative but I was already on the diet. I also have had both scopes done but GI DR. still won't give up the results of biopsy. I've been to so many Dr.'s they have asked for biopsy results from him he will not send them.. So I'm going to have to go in and demand them. I'm just so frustrated and tired of getting the run around and the typical there's nothing wrong with you and it's all in your head diagnosis. The testing was performed at H & I Laboratory in Salt Lake City UT.

Yeah, your GI needs to cough those up. Legally, he cannot keep them from you. Doctor to doctor is another thing, but you have a right to see your medical records. Go get 'em! :P

The doctor does not mean what DQ2 and DQ6 means?

Well, I have seen patients reporting that some gastros seem to think celiac is to be excluded unless both alleles are positive for the main two celiac genes....that is not true.

You just need one of them to have a greater risk for being celiac.

even without a celiac gene, there is still a risk of being celiac, since the DQ genes only can explain half the risk. The greatest risk is having a celiac relative.