Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

What's With The Statue?

26 posts in this topic

OK, so someone please explain why there's a grayish statue/bust showing up in people's avatars :huh: Am I missing something? Is it some kind of fad going around the Internet or something?

Thanks.

Ads by Google:

I was wondering the same thing!

oh dear :lol:

it had to happen sooner or later :lol:

OK, so someone please explain why there's a grayish statue/bust showing up in people's avatars :huh: Am I missing something? Is it some kind of fad going around the Internet or something?

Thanks.

That would be Sam Hill. SOMEbody let him get out! :(

Well . . .. . . . . .....

The story is long and meandering .. . . where to begin?

My husband was down in the underground parking garage at his office a few weeks ago, and as he was walking by the large garbage receptacle, he saw this....bust. A male head, in profile, with frontal-view shoulders and chest, in much the same position that ancient Egyptians used to portray their painted figures.

He brought it home. The mystery began.

Where did he come from?

What was he used for? A piece of art? A display?

Why was he thrown out?

And perhaps most intriguing.... . .. . by whom??

I began to take it on as a mission, to find out the story of Sam Hill Manhead (now, his acquired name is another entire story - - one can go back about thirty pages on the Tickle Me Elbow thread and follow it through).

There are seven businesses occupying this building:

Two law firms

A homosexual dating service

The Embassy of Burundi

A modelling agency

The Workplace Safety and Insurance Board of Canada

A denturist

With one of these businesses as a potential owner and user of our Manhead, we really began to wonder... .. . ...

What/Who is this mysterious character? What use could he be to a lawyer? A Burundian refugee? A homosexual? A civil servant?

We still ponder this question.

We talked about how he could be used by someone living alone who wants outsiders to believe that there is a large man living there, too - - he could be placed near a window, and moved about throughout the day.. . . .. .a fine safety tool. He could be placed in the passenger side of one's car, and the carpool lane would suddenly be an option. He's the seat-holder when you leave the movie theatre to go to the washroom. Quite interesting possibilities... . . ... . ..

The Sam Hill Manhead story is full of clandestine details - - it is a love story, a chilling mystery, a great, epic international crime story. And it should be read by all - - on the Tickle Me Elbow thread. All of the details cannot be recounted here, as my post is already long enough!

;)

:lol:

Well . . .. . . . . .....

The story is long and meandering .. . . where to begin?

The funniest part of this story is that not a single person in the TME thread thought it was remotely unusual that Emily's husband goes through trash receptacles.

The funniest part of this story is that not a single person in the TME thread thought it was remotely unusual that Emily's husband goes through trash receptacles.

:lol::lol::lol:

OMG....'Tis true. . .. ....

Actually, Sam Hill was placed in the garbage area, in full view.

Another bit of significant information?

Ah Em, thanks for the stroll down memory lane :rolleyes: The story of Sam Hill never gets old.....although I feel I must add that it was I who first uttered the words "what in the Sam Hill....." that was, I believe the inspiration for his name.

Patti, yes!!! And the raucous, fascinating story of who the original Sam Hill may have been - - who the man was that inspired such a wonderful, handy expression....."where in Sam Hill is that wife o' mine?" - - is yet another tale for all to read, in the last thirty pages or so of TME.

:D

Thanks.

Ummm . . . what statue??? Who Sam???? Oh heck!! I just thought he had a stiff neck!!

:lol::lol:

A little cutting and pasting and he can be in your avatar too.

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: not an eye was batted nor an eyebrow raised

Hey, readers who are not involved in the silly thread, COME JOIN US! :)

Hey, readers who are not involved in the silly thread, COME JOIN US! :)

Mygawd....this isn't even the TME thread, and people are still scurrying away!

All right, everyone.

The trials and tribulations of a chronic illness like celiac disease are exhausting and very unfunny. I think this is why the Tickle me Elbow thread is so special, and has become a favorite spot for many of us to come and laugh. Honestly, we can be spitting out food or drink upon reading some posts.....things get that hilarious. I mean, isn't the new folklore icon of Sam Hill Manhead and his rise to cult status worth investigating? 'Tis funny!!!

AND, Best of ALL:

You can learn how to make these!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the explanation! I knew there had to be one...or two...

...and, one of these days I hope to get the kind of time required to catch up on that funny thread. Laughter is the best medicine anyway.

...and, one of these days I hope to get the kind of time required to catch up on that funny thread. Laughter is the best medicine anyway.

You're right about that, Rice Guy! We gotta laugh ;)

Do come on over and play with us when you get the chance :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the explanation! I knew there had to be one...or two...

I was thinking, poor Rice Guy, sorry he ever asked :lol: :lol:

You can poop in to the Silly Thread anytime- never a need to catch up.....we can't even keep track.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

There is no need to ever catch up - its a free for all. :lol:

Hope to see you over there, Rice guy! :)

You can poop in to the Silly Thread anytime- never a need to catch up.....we can't even keep track.

This is SO true... . . . ..you just need to fly in headlong....don't even introduce yourself, 'tis not necessary....subjects changing constantly, confounding spelling, magical symbols.......and the odd anal gland .. . ... . . . ...

This is SO true... . . . ..you just need to fly in headlong....don't even introduce yourself, 'tis not necessary....subjects changing constantly, confounding spelling, magical symbols.......and the odd anal gland .. . ... . . . ...

That's what I did!!!!!

I'm pretty sure anal glands come in even numbers.

I'm pretty sure anal glands come in even numbers.

Ah! 'Tis true enough. . . . . . . animals have....how many? Two? One on each side?

Unless they have an analectomy. Can one contract anal glandular cancer? :huh:

... . . . ..you just need to fly in headlong....don't even introduce yourself, 'tis not necessary....subjects changing constantly, confounding spelling, magical symbols.......and the odd anal gland .. . ... . . . ...

....and if you find youself reading like this... :blink::unsure::huh: .......just do what I did and pretend it makes perfect sense..........or you could ask :P

tsk tsk......... B)

You guys are still as crazy as the ever! hehe......

:D;)

tsk tsk......... B)

You guys are still as crazy as the ever! hehe......

:D;)

A Renegade!!! Capture her and don't let her go. She must remain with us!!

A Renegade!!! Capture her and don't let her go. She must remain with us!!

Yes!! Karen, it is great to see you!