Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Gluten Free Frozen Pie Crust

6 posts in this topic

Is there such a thing as a gluten free frozen pie crust? What major supermarkets might have them. I live in Virginia.

Thanks

Ads by Google:

Last year I found some frozen pie crusts at Whole Foods. Loved the convience hated the taste :( This year I have made my own using a mix (cannot remember which company).

Hez

Last year I found some frozen pie crusts at Whole Foods. Loved the convience hated the taste :( This year I have made my own using a mix (cannot remember which company).

Hez

Ditto- Whole Foods gluten-free Bakehouse stuff is usually aweseome, avoid the hamburger buns and the pie crust, just bleh. The cheddar biscuits, however, are the BOMB.

Gee, I think all gluten-free frozen pie crusts taste like cardboard tried every one I could find even some bakery shoppe ones! But the only one frozen that any us could eat was whiole foods. Again not wonderful & I'm sure full of lard. We usually don't even use a crust anymore. And we never ate all the crust on a pie before our gluten-free days.

But Betty Hageman has a recipe called Doona Jo's pie crust , I will say it is one of the best I've made & easy as well..

hth

mamaw

I bought gluten free frozen pie crusts at the local natural food store. I sprinkled sugar across the bottom before putting in the filling and didn't taste too bad. Didn't care for the frozen burger and hot dog rolls though. Last year I made pie crust from a mix and it took forever. If I have time I would use it again. Good luck to whatever you find and use.

I realize this is after-the-fact, but I made a pumpkin pie using Whole Foods Bakehouse frozen pie crust (it comes in a package of two) and it turned out AWESOME!! If it wasn't for the fact I was eating the pie, my family wouldn't have believed it was gluten-free!

Whole Foods also had a recipe for pie crust that was really good - flakey and actually had a taste to it - but I'm not sure if it's still on their website. When I have a chance, I'll post it on the Forum.