29 replies to this topic

#1 jknnej

jknnej

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 08:43 AM

I thank my lucky stars for this board every day...
Does anyone know if Jamba Juice smoothies are gluten-free?
How about Starbucks? Regular/decaf coffee are gluten-free, right? What a about a nonfat vanilla latte?
I'm going out today and will come across these places...need to know if it's OK to get something!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 09:03 AM

I just called Starbucks less then 5 minutes ago...all of their beverages are gluten free except the Java Chip(the chocolate chips are not gluten-free) also the fappuccinos with the brownies are not gluten-free(obviously) he said most of those are discontinued but that if they still have them in some locations they are not gluten-free. All of their pastries are obviously not gluten free. I love their drinks though!!!!!!
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

#3 jknnej

jknnej

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 09:15 AM

Cool, thanks! Anyone know about Jamba Juice? I'm going to try to call but it is a Saturday...

#4 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 09:18 AM

Yep this is from their site

Does Jamba Juice offer gluten-free products?
Yep! All smoothies EXCEPT Jamba PowerBoost and Coldbuster® are gluten-free. With the exception of wheatgrass and the Vibrant C Blend (the boost includes gluten), all fresh juices, juice blends, fruit, and frozen dairy products are also gluten-free. The Protein, Burner, Femme, Performance and Vita Boosts are gluten-free. Jamba’s Baked goods are NOT gluten-free.

Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

#5 jknnej

jknnej

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 09:23 AM

Wow! thanks..I just went to their site, too, but didn't find that...where on earth was I looking? thank you!!!!!!

#6 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 09:27 AM

It's under the FAQ...I typed in are Jamba Juices gluten free in my search and it sent me to their FAQ page...now you know that you can have some of these wonderful drinks :D
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Arkansas

"One Nation, Under God"

#7 jknnej

jknnej

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 01:24 PM

Thanks; you're awesome!!!

#8 flagbabyds

flagbabyds

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 02:55 PM

Just make sure they clean out the blender, because peoiple before me get protein boosters, and once they didn't wash it out they just poured it and rinsed once, I got really sick then.
Molly

#9 Thomas

Thomas

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 06:19 PM

I would suggest not taking any type of protien or powders. I've noticed they use the same scoop/spoon when picking the powders. Just a suggestion.

#10 jknnej

jknnej

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 10:07 PM

I didn't think of the scoop issue; thanks for that tip!
According to their website, all but two of their boosts are in fact gluten-free. Only the Vibrant C blend and one other have gluten; the protein is gluten-free.
I had the protein last week in my smoothie and I feel fine.
But, if they mix the blender/scooper that could be a problem. I always ask them to make sure to clean the blender but I didn't think about the scoop...needless to say I might just stay away from the powders altogether.
I also noticed at one jamba juice the smoothies were all lined up directly underneath the powders, which were spilling quite a bit. Also, the employees were grabbing scoops and putting in in blenders, letting some of the contents fall into the freezer onto the sorbets and yogurts..that scared me a bit as well!!!

#11 NicoleNYC

NicoleNYC

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 10:32 AM

It's a year later and I've just gotten off the phone with Starbucks. Starbucks recommends us to stay away from products with chocolate in it. There is no gluten in the chocolate but it comes from a factory that has wheat in it.

Nicole

#12 Moongirl

Moongirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 11:44 AM

It's a year later and I've just gotten off the phone with Starbucks. Starbucks recommends us to stay away from products with chocolate in it. There is no gluten in the chocolate but it comes from a factory that has wheat in it.

Nicole

On the starbucks issue, i didnt see this mentioned but they also have a malt frap that we need to stay away from, and always always ask them to clean out their blenders as well. Sometimes they just do a quick rinse, which doesnt get the residue off enough...but i love all their other drinks.

Nicole-
is it the chocolate in general or certain drinks, cause i know they have like a mocha frap and white chocolate mocha.....?
Dx & gluten-free since 12/09/05

Positive blood and endo test
Boston, MA

What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger

#13 NicoleNYC

NicoleNYC

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 12:26 PM

I gave up coffee in September so I don't make frequent trips to SB. Although I had a huge craving for a Cafe Mocha so I called the 1800 number..... The guy was super helpful and said everything was gluten-free but to stay away from everything that has chocolate. I asked if this included Cafe Mocha and he said yes. :( That being said, I'm assuming Mocha overall should be restricted.

He did point out that there is no gluten in the chocolate itself but the chocolate is made in a factory that handles wheat products. It's up to you to if you want to risk the whole contamination thing.

#14 fanny

fanny

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 12:45 PM

Hi I was just diagnosed with celiac last week and it’s been very hard for me. My birthday is coming soon in May and I always have a birthday cake. Now that I have to stay in a gluten free diet I’m sad to thinking that I might not have a cake this year. Does anyone can recommend where to buy a birthday cake in NYC or a good recipe?thanks
Gluten Free Since 4/12/06

#15 penguin

penguin

Chelsea

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 01:09 PM

Hi I was just diagnosed with celiac last week and it’s been very hard for me. My birthday is coming soon in May and I always have a birthday cake. Now that I have to stay in a gluten free diet I’m sad to thinking that I might not have a cake this year. Does anyone can recommend where to buy a birthday cake in NYC or a good recipe?thanks

Aww...you can still have cake! In NYC, you're in the perfect spot! If you can't find it in New York, where CAN you find it?

There's a place called Babycakes in Manhattan, which I hear is good, though I've never been. http://www.babycakesnyc.com/

Or you can make one with a mix, like Namaste or Pamela's! Most pillsbury frostings are gluten-free, just read the label. Welcome to the board!!! :lol:
Alright, don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy
We'll all float on, alright
Well we'll float on good news is on the way...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: