3 replies to this topic

#1 melrobsings

melrobsings

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 08:00 PM

I do not eat active dry yeast often....acutally only a few times a year. I have noticed that every time I eat it I get a yeast infection on my face and I get crazy....

Girls you might get this...you know the WORST PMS days where you are bloated and bitchy...like every thing is an issue and a HUGE annoyance and you just see a black line around every thing and you are just so crabby that you are even sick of yourself?!

That's how I feel when I eat yeast....and my face breaks out.....
and i KNOW it's not my period!

I have been playing around the past few weeks of eating yeast and not eating yeast and it's totally the yeast! I'm very consistant about my diet....

Does anyone else get this? Or have any advise?
all my life i have had an oat allergy.
gluten-free 5/2005.
active yeast free since... don't remember.
refined sugar free 5/2010.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 purple

purple

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 09:21 PM

Here is a tidbit:

http://www.celiac.co...showtopic=51300
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

#3 hollyres

hollyres

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 07:30 AM

Yeast and all types of mold affect my neurological system and make me angry and mean. In a big enough dose, it makes me crazy (otherwise, I am a stable person...really!). When I start to get this way, my husband and teenage sons are like, "what did you eat! - what did you get into!"
Holly Joy

Neg blood test 2006
Life changed on diet - decided against biopsy

allergic to nuts and the environment (including all mold)
asthma, eczema, hypothyroid, celiac

#4 AliB

AliB

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 05:29 AM

You may well have certain bacteria in your body that can set up a very rapid reaction to certain things like yeast - it could be Candida, it could be something else, but whatever it is, it's chucking out loads of toxins into your body that are causing the reaction and coming out through your skin.

When I first went gluten-free, in amongst my first shop was a pack of gluten-free rolls. I had one that evening with some home-made soup (I had had some the day before and was fine so I know it wasn't that) and actually had an allergic histamine reaction. When I checked it out I nearly fell over at the number of ingredients in the things and the rest went straight in the bin. I have never had anything containing yeast since. I am pretty sure the reaction was to yeast, but there were so many ingredients I suppose it could have been anything. The only thing they didn't contain was gluten!!! Yuk. (They were disgusting anyway!)

That made me realise that I had to keep as far away from anything processed as possible and when I twigged that my problems were with other carbs as well as gluten based ones I researched and found the Specific Carb Diet and, as they say, never looked back. Give me an SCD 'legal' muffin anyday!

It is all down to gut dysbiosis and rogue bacteria one way or another and the more research I do on the subject the more convinced I am that the little beggars are behind so much of our Western illness and disease.

Some of us on the SCD thread are looking into trying Neem, which is used extensively in Asia as a body purifier as it is an excellent completely natural anti-bacterial and anti-fungal. I want to get hold of some pure Neem leaves to make tea so that I can get it into my digestive tract from the top down and finally get a handle on the little beasties that are making such a mess of my body.
Ali - 50 - struggled with what I now know to be GI symptoms and poor carb digestion for at least 35 years! Diabetic type II (1997). Mother undx Celiac - lifelong diabetic Type 1 & anemic (plus 1 stillborn and 10 miscarriages after me). Father definitely very GI.

Stopped gluten & dairy, Jan 08, but still other issues so dropped most carbs and sugar and have been following the Specific Carb Diet (SCD) since March 08. Recovery slow but steady and I can now eat a much broader range of foods especially raw which are good for my digestion and boost my energy level.

Not getting better? Try the SCD - it might just change your life.........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: