This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Oil Pulling

ShayFL

purple Community Regular

There is an interesting article to read on this link:

Open Original Shared Link

scroll to reply #4 by Robl

It starts out by telling about a man that died from a toothache...

Found another:

This one, people write in with a yea, nay, or side effects...whole body, not just teeth. You can scroll to dental fillings or whatever subject.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Amber M Explorer
There is an interesting article to read on this link:

scroll to reply #4 by Robl

It starts out by telling about a man that died from a toothache...

Found another:

This one, people write in with a yea, nay, or side effects...whole body, not just teeth. You can scroll to dental fillings or whatever subject.

Thanks, I had read the "earthclinic" one a week or so ago. Just checked out the other. They all seem to say pretty much the same. I all sounds positive to me. I'm in week 2 now and plan on continuing it as a regular routine. I'll be anxious to see what the dentist says in Feb. I plan on being re-assesed before they start all the gum work, and will be asking how much it would sink me to have the mercury out. It really angers me to realize how long dentists have gotten away with puting poison in our mouths!!!!

Anyway, I am feeling a little better today. My symptoms are letting up, so hopefully this week will show improvement. My mouth feels great though, and I do not have the tooth ache. The sensitivity has decreased as well.

purple Community Regular
Thanks, I had read the "earthclinic" one a week or so ago. Just checked out the other. They all seem to say pretty much the same. I all sounds positive to me. I'm in week 2 now and plan on continuing it as a regular routine. I'll be anxious to see what the dentist says in Feb. I plan on being re-assesed before they start all the gum work, and will be asking how much it would sink me to have the mercury out. It really angers me to realize how long dentists have gotten away with puting poison in our mouths!!!!

Anyway, I am feeling a little better today. My symptoms are letting up, so hopefully this week will show improvement. My mouth feels great though, and I do not have the tooth ache. The sensitivity has decreased as well.

Sounds like you are doing great!

I counted about 15 things that OP should help my 20 yr old dd with. And several symptoms it would help my other dd with. AND they have no mercury fillings...YAY! I am anxious for them to try it after your time period is up or your trip to the dentist.

FYI in case anyone is interested in symptoms it can help (list is for my 20 yr old dd)

Here's the ones I can remember but I am sure there is more.

lessens sensitive teeth

stops bleeding gums

whitens, tightens teeth

better appetite

more energy

better memory

deep sleep

PMS

acne (minor at times)

improved immune system...yes!

stimulates body's natural healing ability

seasonal allergies

minor keratosis pilaris

weight loss in the tummy

detox heavy metals if she has any

I read that "they" told the dentists not to have carpet in case the mercury contaminates it, harder to clean up. BUT THEY WANT IT IN OUR MOUTHS!!!!

Amber M Explorer
Sounds like you are doing great!

I counted about 15 things that OP should help my 20 yr old dd with. And several symptoms it would help my other dd with. AND they have no mercury fillings...YAY! I am anxious for them to try it after your time period is up or your trip to the dentist.

FYI in case anyone is interested in symptoms it can help (list is for my 20 yr old dd)

Here's the ones I can remember but I am sure there is more.

lessens sensitive teeth

stops bleeding gums

whitens, tightens teeth

better appetite

more energy

better memory

deep sleep

PMS

acne (minor at times)

improved immune system...yes!

stimulates body's natural healing ability

seasonal allergies

minor keratosis pilaris

weight loss in the tummy

detox heavy metals if she has any

I read that "they" told the dentists not to have carpet in case the mercury contaminates it, harder to clean up. BUT THEY WANT IT IN OUR MOUTHS!!!!

I forgot to mention the sleeping thing until I saw your list! I have never slept better in years than I have since the oil pulling! I had noticed and noted it in the first week, but it has continued. I used to get up at least 2 times (my weak bladder) per night, now one if any. I also wake very rested.

today is my best day in over 7 days. I still had a bit of a neck ache and a few light episodes of dizziness, but no numb face. My lower colon is feeling much better and bowels have again gone back to normal. I am hopeful this will last as it hasn't lasted long each time. I just have to enjoy the good days as much as possible. My dark emotions have gone as well. It really surprises me how I can go so far down emotionally and then come out of it so quickly and wonder how I could have been so depressed. What a shift, but one I love. I do hope it lasts awhile this time.

I played with my gums a bit this morning and had bleeding, which I hadn't noticed before. I wonder if it is because it is leaching out the crud....

AliB Enthusiast

I have just started the oil-pulling experiment. This is my second day. I have had quite a bit of mucous and couldn't wake up this morning - I slept until 11.30!

I do have sunflower oil but it is a bit old as I haven't been using it. I bought some Walnut oil to try as my local store did not have any untoasted sesame oil.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

I have been reading a research doc about oral Candida which has reinforced my belief that we need to get remedies into the digestive tract from the mouth down. Many of these things come as capsules or tablets which means they bypass the mouth completely, but unless we can control it in the mouth then surely we are just swallowing it all the time and continuing the re-infection cycle.

Interestingly 'Ted' says on Earth clinic that mannose is good for getting the microbes to lose their grip on the oral cavity and that is backed up by the research doc. I haven't looked into that so not sure how I would get hold of it or what form it comes in. I know it is in Cranberries as it is one of the substances that helps to stop microbes sticking to the urinary tract but haven't checked what else it is in.

How are you all getting on with your OP?

celiac-mommy Collaborator

I'm in my 2nd week. So far, I've only noticed that my teeth are a little whiter, not significant, and my gums look good. I have a cold, so I think the mucous is from that. No other abnormalities seen, but I don't have any fillings either. I'm trying to get my mom to do it. She has had all of her mercury fillings removed about 5 years ago, but they were all at least 30 years old, so I'm sure the damage is done. She was also diagnosed with lyme disease last year and with the treatment, her liver fx became significantly abnormal, so they had to stop and are awaiting the lastest test results. I would really be interested to see if this helps her. She's very interested in it as well-very into homeopathy. I'll let you know how she does-IF she gets around to doing it... <_<

purple Community Regular
I have just started the oil-pulling experiment. This is my second day. I have had quite a bit of mucous and couldn't wake up this morning - I slept until 11.30!

I do have sunflower oil but it is a bit old as I haven't been using it. I bought some Walnut oil to try as my local store did not have any untoasted sesame oil.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

I have been reading a research doc about oral Candida which has reinforced my belief that we need to get remedies into the digestive tract from the mouth down. Many of these things come as capsules or tablets which means they bypass the mouth completely, but unless we can control it in the mouth then surely we are just swallowing it all the time and continuing the re-infection cycle.

Interestingly 'Ted' says on Earth clinic that mannose is good for getting the microbes to lose their grip on the oral cavity and that is backed up by the research doc. I haven't looked into that so not sure how I would get hold of it or what form it comes in. I know it is in Cranberries as it is one of the substances that helps to stop microbes sticking to the urinary tract but haven't checked what else it is in.

How are you all getting on with your OP?

Ali, I just read that you have many amalgams. IMO opinion, I don't think its safe to do OP with amalgams, it could make matters worse. I don't have the links but if I were you I would stop and research it if you haven't already.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AliB Enthusiast
Ali, I just read that you have many amalgams. IMO opinion, I don't think its safe to do OP with amalgams, it could make matters worse. I don't have the links but if I were you I would stop and research it if you haven't already.

Yes, I did think about that but then I thought, well I am eating food with fats in it every day, and swallowing it :P . At least this way I am spitting it out! I don't keep the oil in my mouth for any longer than 10 minutes as that seems to be enough to blend it all well enough.

I did read that OP can make fillings fall out and again I thought well, if they do that naturally then that is good. I would rather that happen and be able to go get composites to replace them than have to have them drilled out.

I am annoyed now that I never thought to register when I have had fillings done and how it has impacted on my health.

My son has terrible teeth. He had to have over a thousand pounds worth of work done on his teeth when he was 17 (his previous dentist was a dork!), and now, at 28 he has to have it done all over again, privately this time at several thousand pounds. I just wish he had taken out some insurance.

I impressed on him, as he is having to pay for it this time (not NHS) that he stresses that the fillings have to be composite. He also needs to go with a dentist who knows the right way to extract mercury fillings.

I just wonder in a way whether he wouldn't be better off having all the rotten ones completely taken out and a set of full dentures made. He has had mini dentures and bridges and stuff - two of which he has lost down the toilet pan when throwing up!! At present he sticks it in with chewing gum. Sad for a lad of 28 to be having to go through all that.

One of the videos I watched on Youtube mentioned about the amount of tooth that has to be drilled out for an amalgam filling. I did wonder why they had to remove half the tooth to get the filling in.

It's all an absolute travesty.

purple Community Regular
Yes, I did think about that but then I thought, well I am eating food with fats in it every day, and swallowing it :P . At least this way I am spitting it out! I don't keep the oil in my mouth for any longer than 10 minutes as that seems to be enough to blend it all well enough.

I did read that OP can make fillings fall out and again I thought well, if they do that naturally then that is good. I would rather that happen and be able to go get composites to replace them than have to have them drilled out.

I am annoyed now that I never thought to register when I have had fillings done and how it has impacted on my health.

My son has terrible teeth. He had to have over a thousand pounds worth of work done on his teeth when he was 17 (his previous dentist was a dork!), and now, at 28 he has to have it done all over again, privately this time at several thousand pounds. I just wish he had taken out some insurance.

I impressed on him, as he is having to pay for it this time (not NHS) that he stresses that the fillings have to be composite. He also needs to go with a dentist who knows the right way to extract mercury fillings.

I just wonder in a way whether he wouldn't be better off having all the rotten ones completely taken out and a set of full dentures made. He has had mini dentures and bridges and stuff - two of which he has lost down the toilet pan when throwing up!! At present he sticks it in with chewing gum. Sad for a lad of 28 to be having to go through all that.

One of the videos I watched on Youtube mentioned about the amount of tooth that has to be drilled out for an amalgam filling. I did wonder why they had to remove half the tooth to get the filling in.

It's all an absolute travesty.

Well said, I feel so sorry for your son! Such a waste of time, money and so much suffering...all for nothing. I hate the dentists drill. Maybe I should try the 10 minutes thing. I thought about trying Op for a 2 or 3 days a month so as not to move the mercury around much at a time. I would rather they fall out too than to be drilled and its free removal!

Amber M Explorer

Well, it's what week 3 now for me? (can't remember exactly) I haven't lost any fillings yet but have been down for the count. Spent 3 days partly in bed. I have full blown gluten symptoms again, but can not figure out if it's a healing crisis, gluten (I just don't think I ate any), or reactions to new foods. I had dropped corn for over 3 weeks and then ate 2 corn tortillas 2 days ago. I was already not well, but seemed to get worse plus the "anal Itch" came back and broke out with a big cold sore on my lip. Is the oil pulling making me worse for now, or what??? Does the corn do this to anyone?

I just don't know what to blame it on, but I am not giving up the OP. I threw up a bit this morning after pulling, got rid on mucus on several occasions after pulling.

purple Community Regular
Well, it's what week 3 now for me? (can't remember exactly) I haven't lost any fillings yet but have been down for the count. Spent 3 days partly in bed. I have full blown gluten symptoms again, but can not figure out if it's a healing crisis, gluten (I just don't think I ate any), or reactions to new foods. I had dropped corn for over 3 weeks and then ate 2 corn tortillas 2 days ago. I was already not well, but seemed to get worse plus the "anal Itch" came back and broke out with a big cold sore on my lip. Is the oil pulling making me worse for now, or what??? Does the corn do this to anyone?

I just don't know what to blame it on, but I am not giving up the OP. I threw up a bit this morning after pulling, got rid on mucus on several occasions after pulling.

Oh, so sorry. You might stop a day or two until you feel better :(

• 2 weeks later...
Amber M Explorer
Oh, so sorry. You might stop a day or two until you feel better :(

I did feel better for about 4 or 5 days. (The longest stretch so far) Still haven't lost any fillings and my mouth feels great. I seem to pull mucus up the throat pretty much daily.

During my down time, my ear tube fell out (I can always tell) and my ear plugged up tight again. This has bee an ongoing problem for over 20 years. I am hoping the mucus that is coming up is from the tube running from my ear to the throat. I am praying the oil pulling will unplug it so I don't have to have another tube. It's always over 800.00 and my new year deductible will have to be met!

Today my symptoms are returning. I am praying it will not go on for days again. I know I did not eat gluten.

I meant to tell you all that I had discovered possible culprlits of gluten that may have infected me this last few months. I am learning that I am super sensitive to it anyway. The first was my husband's "Benifiber" powder. He was stirring it in his coffee and then putting the spoon by my cup. I was using the same spoon!!!!! I can't believe I had not realized that way sooner!!!! The stuff sticks to the spoon. Also, there was powder all over the counter near the coffee pot! Holy.

Then the next thing was that my body powder was full of wheat!!! Thats like flour, airborn!!!

It is still amazing to me that I didn't realize this before.

I am coming up at the end of January on 6 months gluten free other than these accidents. I am so hoping to begin to see real differences. I think it takes that long just to really figure it all out!

I plan to remain oil pulling daily. Hope everyone else is doing well. I have a few friends doing it now too. The book was great!

• 3 weeks later...
Amber M Explorer
I did feel better for about 4 or 5 days. (The longest stretch so far) Still haven't lost any fillings and my mouth feels great. I seem to pull mucus up the throat pretty much daily.

During my down time, my ear tube fell out (I can always tell) and my ear plugged up tight again. This has bee an ongoing problem for over 20 years. I am hoping the mucus that is coming up is from the tube running from my ear to the throat. I am praying the oil pulling will unplug it so I don't have to have another tube. It's always over 800.00 and my new year deductible will have to be met!

Today my symptoms are returning. I am praying it will not go on for days again. I know I did not eat gluten.

I meant to tell you all that I had discovered possible culprlits of gluten that may have infected me this last few months. I am learning that I am super sensitive to it anyway. The first was my husband's "Benifiber" powder. He was stirring it in his coffee and then putting the spoon by my cup. I was using the same spoon!!!!! I can't believe I had not realized that way sooner!!!! The stuff sticks to the spoon. Also, there was powder all over the counter near the coffee pot! Holy.

Then the next thing was that my body powder was full of wheat!!! Thats like flour, airborn!!!

It is still amazing to me that I didn't realize this before.

I am coming up at the end of January on 6 months gluten free other than these accidents. I am so hoping to begin to see real differences. I think it takes that long just to really figure it all out!

I plan to remain oil pulling daily. Hope everyone else is doing well. I have a few friends doing it now too. The book was great!

HI, me again. Just to update, I will be seeing the dentist on Monday. I was suppose to start the deep cleaning (5 appointments) but I called the other day and told them I wanted to be re-evaluated first to see if the therapy I was doing has helped. (I see great changes in my gums after 6 weeks of oil pulling) and they said "okay, but we have never been asked to do this." Then they even called me back to check if I could change the time so the doc would be there too. I told them I would tell them my therapy after the re-eval. They are acting funny, like I don't believe them about my need for these appointments. I think they think I am trying to trick them or something. I won't tell them until after, so, we will see whats up then. Can't wait to find out!!!! I'll get back to you all then.

purple Community Regular
HI, me again. Just to update, I will be seeing the dentist on Monday. I was suppose to start the deep cleaning (5 appointments) but I called the other day and told them I wanted to be re-evaluated first to see if the therapy I was doing has helped. (I see great changes in my gums after 6 weeks of oil pulling) and they said "okay, but we have never been asked to do this." Then they even called me back to check if I could change the time so the doc would be there too. I told them I would tell them my therapy after the re-eval. They are acting funny, like I don't believe them about my need for these appointments. I think they think I am trying to trick them or something. I won't tell them until after, so, we will see whats up then. Can't wait to find out!!!! I'll get back to you all then.

Way to go! I like your attitude...they think simple things don't work...SURPRISE! Keep us posted on what they say. :blink: Look at all the money and time and hassel you have saved yourself...yes!

What happened to Shay on here??

Guest Amber Martin
Way to go! I like your attitude...they think simple things don't work...SURPRISE! Keep us posted on what they say. :blink: Look at all the money and time and hassel you have saved yourself...yes!

What happened to Shay on here??

I don't know what happened to Shay! Shay, Are you out there?????

My email got changed, so bear with me, My profile looks new, but it's me Amber M.

YoloGx Rookie

I plan to start doing this tonight to help counteract a sinus infection I have had now over a week. I am going to use olive oil since I am allergic to sesame and hear there are less Herxheimer effects with the olive than with the sunflower... I plan to put in a drop of peppermint oil in the olive oil nevertheless... And will brush before and after with baking soda and then drink two glasses of water with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar half an hour later.

Meanwhile, I am wondering how your experiment turned out? Have you noticed more health effects than just the teeth whitening and gum enhancement?

Bea

Amber M Explorer
I plan to start doing this tonight to help counteract a sinus infection I have had now over a week. I am going to use olive oil since I am allergic to sesame and hear there are less Herxheimer effects with the olive than with the sunflower... I plan to put in a drop of peppermint oil in the olive oil nevertheless... And will brush before and after with baking soda and then drink two glasses of water with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar half an hour later.

Meanwhile, I am wondering how your experiment turned out? Have you noticed more health effects than just the teeth whitening and gum enhancement?

Bea

Well I went to the dentist today and was re-evaluated regarding my gums. The news is not great.

First of all, they were a bit cold towards me and never heard of oil pulling of course. My deepest gum pocket, 6 is still the same although many of the other 5's did go to 4's. She really tried to call it the same as before, and I pointed out that there at least was a slight improvement. Her response wa, "Well I could have tilted the probe a bit and it's just one millimeter." She said she did not believe that anything but deep scailing would remove the tarter and still thinks I made need further help (surgery) if the 5 scailing appointments don't create improvement. I still had bleeding while she probed, but I swear she was pushing more purposely to prove it to me! They talked me into a bacteria test to make sure I don't have a problem with a bacteria overgrowth.

Needless to say, I'm bummed!!! I really feel my teeth are tighter and my gums look sooo much better. I have had no bleeding what so ever at home.

I plan to contiue to oil pull and the over all affects are that I am feeling a little better latley. Not sure if it's because I have been gluten free for 6 months, if it's because I have totally eliminated all corn recently, or if it's the oil pulling. Maybe a combination.

After I get the root debre treatments, maybe the oil pulling will help more. I don't know, I'm confused about it all at this point.

Lovey25 Rookie

Okay, so I've read this entire thread and I'm really intrigued. :) I started doing the oil pulling two days ago. I'm really curious to see what happens. I don't have any fillings/cavities or other dental work, so I think I'm in no danger of any harm. I'll keep you all updated! I'm so glad I came across this... I'd never heard of it before.

BTW, do you think it really matters whether or not you do it on an empty stomach?

YoloGx Rookie
Well I went to the dentist today and was re-evaluated regarding my gums. The news is not great.

First of all, they were a bit cold towards me and never heard of oil pulling of course. My deepest gum pocket, 6 is still the same although many of the other 5's did go to 4's. She really tried to call it the same as before, and I pointed out that there at least was a slight improvement. Her response wa, "Well I could have tilted the probe a bit and it's just one millimeter." She said she did not believe that anything but deep scailing would remove the tarter and still thinks I made need further help (surgery) if the 5 scailing appointments don't create improvement. I still had bleeding while she probed, but I swear she was pushing more purposely to prove it to me! They talked me into a bacteria test to make sure I don't have a problem with a bacteria overgrowth.

Needless to say, I'm bummed!!! I really feel my teeth are tighter and my gums look sooo much better. I have had no bleeding what so ever at home.

I plan to contiue to oil pull and the over all affects are that I am feeling a little better latley. Not sure if it's because I have been gluten free for 6 months, if it's because I have totally eliminated all corn recently, or if it's the oil pulling. Maybe a combination.

After I get the root debre treatments, maybe the oil pulling will help more. I don't know, I'm confused about it all at this point.

As far as the gums go, I just wanted to let you know that in the past I got exceptional results taking nattokinase with bromelain/papain or a general plant digestive enzyme on an empty stomache. It radically reduced the inflammation in my gums so I didn't need and haven't needed to get the gum treatment that my dentist wanted to do on me. This was 3 or 4 years ago. I have continued for two reasons, 1) I have thick blood so its a good idea for me to take something to thin my blood so I don't get a blood clot and 2) I have scar tissue in my neck and elbows from a car accident and an old injury in my low back that I keep down with this nattokinase. Other fibronylitic enzymes may work just as well... Serrapeptidase etc. The gum thing was just a perk along the way, but a nice one.

Bea

Guest Amber Martin
As far as the gums go, I just wanted to let you know that in the past I got exceptional results taking nattokinase with bromelain/papain or a general plant digestive enzyme on an empty stomache. It radically reduced the inflammation in my gums so I didn't need and haven't needed to get the gum treatment that my dentist wanted to do on me. This was 3 or 4 years ago. I have continued for two reasons, 1) I have thick blood so its a good idea for me to take something to thin my blood so I don't get a blood clot and 2) I have scar tissue in my neck and elbows from a car accident and an old injury in my low back that I keep down with this nattokinase. Other fibronylitic enzymes may work just as well... Serrapeptidase etc. The gum thing was just a perk along the way, but a nice one.

Bea

I take "Digest" twice a day. I'll check on the enzyme ingredients, but I have to watch that it does not have soy or corn either. Thanks

Guest Amber Martin
Okay, so I've read this entire thread and I'm really intrigued. :) I started doing the oil pulling two days ago. I'm really curious to see what happens. I don't have any fillings/cavities or other dental work, so I think I'm in no danger of any harm. I'll keep you all updated! I'm so glad I came across this... I'd never heard of it before.

BTW, do you think it really matters whether or not you do it on an empty stomach?

I read that it's better to do it in the morning, before eating or brushing, because that is when the bacteria is at it's highest. I know that if it gets your gag reflex going, better to have an empty stomach! A lot of times, it draws mucus up into your throat and you have to get rid of it. That gets my gag reflex going sometimes. I would stick to an empty stomach. Amber

YoloGx Rookie

Am at week three with this sinus infection! It does seem to go on however I am at a stage where I am at least partially functional, so have been working though a bit tired.

Am now one week with the oil pulling. It does seem to reduce my sinus congestion. A definite plus!

Even better, I seem to be sleeping much better!! I must have been missing too many of the oil based nutrients that my nervous system needed despite everything else I am doing. So, kudos for OP!

Meanwhile my friend's gums stopped bleeding after just three days.

Bea

purple Community Regular
Am at week three with this sinus infection! It does seem to go on however I am at a stage where I am at least partially functional, so have been working though a bit tired.

Am now one week with the oil pulling. It does seem to reduce my sinus congestion. A definite plus!

Even better, I seem to be sleeping much better!! I must have been missing too many of the oil based nutrients that my nervous system needed despite everything else I am doing. So, kudos for OP!

Bea

Thanks for your input. My dd has bleeding gums, no fillings and needs her teeth cleaned/whitened. I haven't gotten the oil yet for her to try but soon.

Have you tried a neti pot for your sinus infection? Also I heard 2 weeks ago to just use a syringe with warm salt water. I have not tried either but you could google and see what comes up.

Amber M Explorer

Bea

My friends gums stopped beeding after less than a week too. I'm still oil pulling, but am changing from sesame to (I tried olive, a bit bitter) and now I'm going to try grapeseed (virgin) oil.

This might be really important. I googled "cross reactivity" many times and have read quite a bit because I am still having so many nuero. problems. I ended up on "The gluten syndrome.net", I think was the last one. I listened to an lenghty audio from a doctor of research not just on celiac, but on gluten sensitivity including gluten ataxia, etc. He stressed that his continued research using the tissue of celiac and gluten sensitives shows cross reactivity to many other foods and "they" can also cause many auto-immune diseases, as well as attacking organs (ovaries included). The main cross foods he says one must avoid when having a glulen problem are as follows: Sesame, Milk, Soy, Corn, Eggs, Coffee, Brewers Yeast, Chocolate and of course, Wheat and Gluten.

I have noticed many here have given up this other stuff as time has gone by. I have been allergic to soy for years, but now, being gluten free for over 6 months and not seeing enough of an improvement, am in the process of giving up corn too. I have had a heck of a time finding supplements without any of this stuff, but did, and they are ordered. So, I wondered if the sesame oil was hurting me!? I constantly had a sore tongue while using it, even after 6 weeks. I just figured it was the pulling doing it's job, but now I wonder.

To follow up on the Milk issue, my test result from Entrolab for Dairy was 9, 10 being normal, so although they recommended to go off Dairy because of the gluten problem, I chose not to. Now I'm worried about that too. I do NOT want to give up Dairy too!!!!

Sorry I got off track, but I thought I should put this out there about the Sesame. I have seen this listed as a cross reactive in more than one location recently. To be considered by us oil pullers that use it!

I'll let you know how the grape seed oil goes. I says a slight "nutty" taste. I'll try it in the morning.

• 2 weeks later...
AliB Enthusiast

Amber, why not try the SCD? Most of the foods you have mentioned are avoided on the diet and those of us who are following it are getting good results.

I couldn't cope with eggs when I started but within a few weeks I could tolerate them again which was great.

Many seem to struggle for years having to eliminate one food after another - the diet just cuts straight to the chase by eliminating all the foods that generally are problematic and thus allowing the gut to heal properly.

I have been on it a year now and am so much better - I won't ever go back to eating the 'Western' diet again, not even the gluten-free one as I realise that my body can't cope with it and so much of it is bad for all of us let alone those with damaged guts.

I am concentrating on foods that contain lots of enzymes now as I have realised that it is very likely that my health issues are due to a lack of them - most of the so-called 'food' that is out there has been robbed of its enzyme content one way or another so it is not surprising that we are struggling.

As far as oil-pulling is concerned I gave up after a few days, but now the thread has picked up again since the hols I may just give it another go.

Archived