6 replies to this topic

#1 Thomas

Thomas

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 12:40 PM

Here's an article on celiac disease that was in the National Post today...

http://www.canada.co...4d-e5dd7aca1792

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 celiac3270

celiac3270

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 01:09 PM

I know I'm really picky about these articles--probably unfairly, as the author might not understand celiac as well if he/she don't have it. But the little things bother me: the "are you eating wheat-free...you're not alone" thing at the beginning for a few reasons: 1) It's also rye, barley, and all forms of these ingredients (malt, spelt, triticum, etc.). 2) It makes it sound like eating gluten-free is the same as eating low-carb.....

It's good to get the word out, though, maybe someone will look up celiac disease and learn more or get a diagnosis. I'm just...very picky/stringent about the details

Oh, by the way, thank you for sharing with us :). I like to read these

#3 Thomas

Thomas

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 04:04 AM

You're welcome.

#4 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 07:46 AM

Summer time is coming, and with it will be the barbecues at friends houses. I will eat my hamburger with no bun, using a knife and fork, and the ladies will ask me how I like doing the Atkins diet. I will then show them the huge mound of salad on my plate, and educate someone else on Celiac Disease. Articles like this one at the very least get the name of the disease out into the public eye!
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

#5 celiac3270

celiac3270

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 11:45 AM

Yes--and at least this article doesn't mention someone like that celebrity (in another post) who eats the insides of sandwiches...this gives accurate information, rather than forming an image that falsely portrays the restrictions, difficulty, and importance of contamination.

#6 stef_the_kicking_cuty

stef_the_kicking_cuty

Stef and Luke

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 03:10 PM

I like the fact that they mentioned that also thick people can have celiac, not only thin people. Some things are said a little stupid, but to be honest. This is the best-written celiac article (from a layman probably) I ever saw so far. We're getting more publicity. Woohoo :lol:

Hugs, Stef
Stef

Next goals:
Results for 2011:
1x PA State Champ (I defended my title in pointfighting) and also again Grand Champion in pointfighting
August 20-27: Karate and Kickboxing World Championships in Germany (my homecountry)
gluten-free since 07/21/2004
Shermans Dale, PA

#7 Guest_BellyTimber_*

Guest_BellyTimber_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2005 - 10:39 AM

During my more confused moments, I ate the insides of sandwiches :blink: :unsure: :(

But then - I'm not famous !!! :D :lol:

(Sorry :unsure: )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: