8 replies to this topic

#1 Confused in Iowa

Confused in Iowa

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 08:12 AM

Not sure if this has been posted and forgive me if it has - but Godfathers Pizza now offers a gluten free pizza. It is frozen and they can bake it there (and I checked, they are aware of cross-contamination) but you can also take it home to bake. Went there last night and it's awesome! Pizza is the one food my 13 year old really misses - and so it's nice to have a restaurant that we can stop at to eat - KUDO's to Godfathers Pizza! $9.99 for a single topping 9" pizza - which I wish they would make them a little bigger - for a starving 13 year old growing boy that just isn't quite enough!!!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 mindwiped

mindwiped

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 11:20 AM

Do you know if you are a 'test market' or if they have rolled them out chain-wide? There was a post about 6 months ago, and I called my local Godfather's, but it was in the test markets only, so no gluten-free pizza for my dh.
"When I'm worried and I can't sleep/I count my blessings instead of sheep/And I fall asleep counting my blessings"- Bing Crosby, White Christmas

#3 SharonF

SharonF

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:36 PM

I have been able to get gluten free pizzas at Godfathers in Iowa for a couple of years now. Not sure if this is the same as the frozen pizza the original poster mentioned, though.
Mom of 3
Diagnosed celiac August 2004

#4 mindwiped

mindwiped

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 09:58 AM

I have been able to get gluten free pizzas at Godfathers in Iowa for a couple of years now. Not sure if this is the same as the frozen pizza the original poster mentioned, though.

Thanks for your response!
I called the local Godfather's after reading about things this summer, and they told me at that time the gluten-free pizza was a local test market item, but if successful, it would expand. I was hoping to hear it had succeeded.
"When I'm worried and I can't sleep/I count my blessings instead of sheep/And I fall asleep counting my blessings"- Bing Crosby, White Christmas

#5 Confused in Iowa

Confused in Iowa

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 02:38 PM

From what they told me it was just a test market and only certain restaurants are trying this out - but i'm sure trying to support it- in the last 2 weeks I've bought 3 pizzas and they said they are selling a lot of them. What an awesome thing!!!! That's the worst part I have found of this disease is trying to eat out - cooking at home is no biggie but trying to find something for my 13 year old to eat when we are out and about it's so hard.

#6 sixtytwo

sixtytwo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 01:55 PM

I will be looking into this.....................take out pizza is something I really miss.

I am going to see if they have a site. Barbara

#7 heep70

heep70

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 03:47 PM

Here is an Email I got from God Fathers.

Dear Customers,

Thank you for your inquiry. We are equally excited about the gluten free pizza being offered at 108th and Maple St. in Omaha, Nebraska and our new test location at 802 N. Ankeny Blvd. in Ankeny, Iowa.

Currently we are testing the gluten free pizza at these two locations to ensure all safety precautions are met to prevent cross contamination operationally within the store. With the success of our test we will look for more corporate and franchise stores to sign aboard and join in the successful venture of offering the option of a gluten free pizza.

Both Corporate and Franchise locations will be responsible for agreeing to and meeting the guidelines that have been set by the Godfather’s Pizza National Headquarters in association with the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness.

Our goal is to have everyone eating Godfather’s Pizza sometime in ’09.

Thank you again for your input.

Victoria Orman
R&D Field Project Manager
Godfather's Pizza, Inc
Greg

1967 Fairlane 500 XL
1971 F250 "Highboy".
1980 Toyota "Trail Rig".
2000 F250 4X4 PSD SuperDuty Crew.

#8 mindwiped

mindwiped

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 04:11 PM

heep70-
Thank you so much for posting that e-mail, it was just what I wanted to see! Hopefully DH will be able to have gluten-free Godfather's soon!

#9 JennyC

JennyC

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 11:33 AM

I wish they would offer gluten free pizza here. I guess I should not be so greedy, we have plenty of gluten free pizza options around. :P
Jenny

Son 6 yrs old, Positive blood work, Outstanding dietary response, no biopsy.
Household mostly gluten free since 3/07

Me: HLA-DQ 02 & 0302 (DQ 08), which I ran & analyzed myself!Currently gluten lite, negative tTG, asymptomatic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: