arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

You May Already Know About The Mercury In Fillings...

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#91 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,708 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 03:45 AM

last night i found something that cemented my belief in the mercury poisoning:
http://www.truehealt...rysymptoms.html

there was another word i forgot which, that said those with it become extremely withdrawn and anxious. which is something that i DEFINITELY noticed in 7th grade, which is when A) i got my tonsils out and B) and i got another fillings. it was so weird because in 6th grade i was pretty outgoing and perceptive, then 7th grade came and all of a sudden i started being afraid of what people thought of me to like a crazy degree. like i'd hide behind tall people, even though was tall and avoid eye contact or standing up in class. it was SO WEIRD.

It is likely that the celiac was triggered by the surgery and your getting fillings at the same time may actually be of little consequence.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#92 mr. moore

mr. moore

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:26 AM

the candida overgrowth could of been triggered too, right?

#93 rinne

rinne

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:57 AM

Candida overgrowth may be related to antibiotics, have you been on them very often?

Please don't take my opinion that your white tongue is candida as the absolute truth, I am no doctor and perhaps there are other causes that I don't know about but as I said a healthy tongue is pink and clean looking.

Have you looked at the side effects to Ritalin?
A family with Celiac disease, two brothers and two sisters.

Lyme Disease, Diagnosis October 19, 2006

May 2006 - December 2008 Gluten and Dairy Free

December 2008, while seeing improvement on the gluten free diet, I did not recover and so in December of 2008 began the SCD and now have hope for recovery.

#94 AliB

AliB

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:01 PM

I imagine you had your tonsils out because they kept getting inflamed?

The thing is, the tonsils are a window to the health of the body. Inflamed tonsils are telling you that your body is toxic. Chronically inflamed tonsils are telling you that your body is VERY toxic. Having them removed may stop the inflammation but it does not cure the reason why you are getting the inflammation in the first place. In fact, without the tonsils the body now has one less avenue through which it can expel the toxins.

It's a bit like going to the doc because you keep getting headaches and him saying, "well we don't know why you keep getting the headaches, but we can stop them if we cut your head off"!!! :huh:

You may have issues with mercury, but I suspect that your issues are far more likely to have their roots in your diet.

Whilst some people can cope relatively well with rubbish food, others can't. Junk food will affect most people eventually but with some it manifests earlier than others. You quite obviously have had issues with gluten, sugar, probably dairy and a host of other foods for a long time and it is your diet that has given you these problems. Not everyone gets gut issues - with some it just affects the brain and nerves.

There are people out there with mercury fillings who do not have a problem with them. For those people, the mercury will still escape into their bodies, but they very likely have very strong and supportive gut flora and therefore strong detox pathways.

Those of us exposed to things like antibiotics and other drugs, even basic painkillers, , aspirin, codeine, Calpol, etc., at a fairly young age and whose parents also have health issues that suggest they also have poor gut flora, have not inherited a strong immune system from them, and have had what little we did have further decimated by any amount of chemically-derived drugs and food additives.

Funny isn't it how people like to keep their homes, or their cars clean and yet they fill their bodies with absolute junk then can't figure out why they got sick! Ok so maybe you don't think that your diet over the years has necessarily been junk, but perhaps it has been junk to YOUR body.

If you want a clean body you have to eat clean food - I don't mean just washed, I mean pure, unadulterated, unprocessed, un-mucked-about-with, natural, fresh, organic, life sustaining, vital, health-giving food.
Ali - 50 - struggled with what I now know to be GI symptoms and poor carb digestion for at least 35 years! Diabetic type II (1997). Mother undx Celiac - lifelong diabetic Type 1 & anemic (plus 1 stillborn and 10 miscarriages after me). Father definitely very GI.

Stopped gluten & dairy, Jan 08, but still other issues so dropped most carbs and sugar and have been following the Specific Carb Diet (SCD) since March 08. Recovery slow but steady and I can now eat a much broader range of foods especially raw which are good for my digestion and boost my energy level.

Not getting better? Try the SCD - it might just change your life.........

#95 ~alex~

~alex~

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:06 PM

last night i found something that cemented my belief in the mercury poisoning:
http://www.truehealt...rysymptoms.html

there was another word i forgot which, that said those with it become extremely withdrawn and anxious. which is something that i DEFINITELY noticed in 7th grade, which is when A) i got my tonsils out and B) and i got another fillings. it was so weird because in 6th grade i was pretty outgoing and perceptive, then 7th grade came and all of a sudden i started being afraid of what people thought of me to like a crazy degree. like i'd hide behind tall people, even though was tall and avoid eye contact or standing up in class. it was SO WEIRD.

You might want to consider that the onset of puberty in guys is on average 12.5 years which would have been right around the time of your transition between grades 6 and 7. The onset of puberty and all of the crazy changing hormones during that time can trigger a whole bunch of things. Depression, anxiety, celiac disease, or whatever condition you may have might have been triggered by the onset of puberty. Not a rare occurrence.

And with suddenly feeling self-conscious and socially anxious at that time when you weren't before, that's probably because around age 12 you (like everyone else) developed the cognitive ability to put yourself in someone else's shoes and understand that they might be judging and evaluating you. I'm not downplaying how difficult this has been/is for you but just know that it was totally normal for this self-consciousness to develop at that time. It sounds like this experience may have been more severe for you than others, which could probably be due to a variety of reasons.

Anyway, I hope you can figure things out. And I certainly hope that you can get the support of you family or someone significant in your life. I know it can be tempting and promising to look for and hope for a magic bullet causing your distress but like many have said most issues are multifactoral. Depression involves really feeling helpless (from my point of view anyway) so it can feel good to have one extrinsic factor to which you can ascribe your distress and feel in control of. Be careful not to pin everything on one cause because if you change that and still feel distressed, you're only going to feel more helpless. Whatever you choose to do, please base it on advice from a professional/expert, not on advice from some unknown person like me!

#96 mr. moore

mr. moore

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:19 PM

Candida overgrowth may be related to antibiotics, have you been on them very often?

Please don't take my opinion that your white tongue is candida as the absolute truth, I am no doctor and perhaps there are other causes that I don't know about but as I said a healthy tongue is pink and clean looking.

Have you looked at the side effects to Ritalin?

yeah its mostly anxiety and stuff. the reason i started anxiety pills is because i felt i had no control over my mind or body, my body because my vision is getting slowly worse, despite the eye doctor saying my pupils are fine, no cataracts or whatever. and my hearing actually does has a ringing which drives me CRAZY sometimes if i don't have headphones on.

i think you guys are on to something, when i got my tonsils out SOMETTHING triggered SOMETHING. but im not gonna play dr. house anymore. i just got the good news my insurance WILL cover my filling replacement!!! :lol:

but ill have to pay copays, oh well. after looking at the copays ive payed for the countless doctors ive been too im convinced this is the source of my problems, and it probably always has been, it just took me till now to realize it.

one thing that pissed me off is that one of the nurses was like trying to downplay the imporance of getting them replaced and was worried about my wisdom teeth. i was too nervous from the ritalin to talk, but basically if i have to ill pay out of the pocked for the fillings, and the insurance can cover the stupid wisdom teeth. i mean, my body is techinically in danger.
but what do i do till then?!

#97 mr. moore

mr. moore

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:32 PM

Alex:
i know for sure since other guys were like that it was common, i made a lot of my quiet friends back then. but this stood out:
erethism: Erethism or erethism mercurialis is a symptom complex of mercury poisoning, presenting with excessive shyness, timidity and social phobia[1][2].

i experienced this after my tonsils were taken out in 7th grade after xmas, but it really showed its head in 8th grade. there is NO psychological explanation because, as a kid and adolescent or whatever i LOVED attention, but i wasn't obsessed with it, or paranoid about it and was not considered a shy child. EVER. i was the most talkative, even hyper verbal kid.

god i just can't believe they put this poop in your mouth and say "oh yeah, it's stable! even though there is extremely dangerous poison in it because you just so happen to be poor, we're gonna LOVE watching you slowly mentally regress!"

but, of course, i DONT know yet. your all right. there is not magic bullet. but what if everything else fails?

anyways what should i do till then? i feel very imperfect around people.

#98 DingoGirl

DingoGirl

my babies ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:40 PM

erethism: Erethism or erethism mercurialis is a symptom complex of mercury poisoning, presenting with excessive shyness, timidity and social phobia[1][2].

this is a manifestation/result of sooooooooooooo very many things.

and Alex is right - - I was goign to mention that the onset of puberty can wreak terrible havoc in teens - at the age of 13, I became deeply and consistently suicidally depressed, at the onset of menstruation. Cried every single day. Was terrified of people. Lots of similar angst. No new fillings at that time.
SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

#99 mr. moore

mr. moore

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:51 PM

this is a manifestation/result of sooooooooooooo very many things.

and Alex is right - - I was goign to mention that the onset of puberty can wreak terrible havoc in teens - at the age of 13, I became deeply and consistently suicidally depressed, at the onset of menstruation. Cried every single day. Was terrified of people. Lots of similar angst. No new fillings at that time.

im sorry but that's wrong and i just said when and how it started. itis caused by MERCURY POISONING and ONLY mercury poisoning. unless i had poisonous hormones that were released when i got hair down there. but that wouldn't make sense would it? honestly you think i haven't thought of it? as soon as i talk to someone a million different equations pop up, andfinding whats wrong with me is a big equation. maybe someday i'll share my story with people.

i really want to stop being with people. is there a place kids can go and just feel safe and alone?

#100 curlyfries

curlyfries

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:01 PM

Erethism may only be from mercury poisoning, but 'excessive shyness, timidity and social phobia' could be a symptom of many things. I could find many of my personality/behavioral traits under autism. My physical symptoms can be found under lupus, lyme disease, MS..........the list goes on.

I think everyone is concerned that if you have all your fillings replaced and you don't get better....what then? By all means, if this is something you feel is right for you, then go for it. But don't put all your faith into this one possible solution, because that's all it is.....a possibility. I sense that you want a fast solution to all your problems, one that won't take too much effort. I know you have been struggling for a long time and you want it fixed NOW, but sometimes what seems to be the easiest solution is not the solution at all.

You seem resistant to changing your diet for an extended amount of time. I'm not saying you are wrong or that others are right, but simply be open to all possibilities. You once said you noticed a difference when you changed your diet.....and that was only for a brief time. You have tuned out what is staring you in the face. Imagine what other changes would occur if you continued! You asked what you could do until you see the dentist.......that is my recommendation. Sure it takes work, and sometimes the progress is slow, but you are worth it.

Like my sig says....."The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it"

......and it is usually a long road to total recovery, as most of us have learned. But we glory in each step we take, no matter how big or small, towards better health and well-being. We are the voices of experience. And while we don't have all the answers, we have all been where you are......in our own ways......whether it's fighting to regain control of our minds, or our bodies.......we have all had our struggles.

You are on a journey. And maybe for you the dentist is you first step. But I doubt it will be the last. All of your issues have built up over time, and it will take time to tear them down. Be patient and keep a positive attitude........and NEVER give up! :P
~~Lisa~~

"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."--Moliere

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."--Douglas Adams

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!--Amanda

gluten-free since 1/08
Posted Image

#101 DingoGirl

DingoGirl

my babies ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:56 AM

Erethism may only be from mercury poisoning, but 'excessive shyness, timidity and social phobia' could be a symptom of many things. I could find many of my personality/behavioral traits under autism. My physical symptoms can be found under lupus, lyme disease, MS..........the list goes on.

thanks Lisa, that's more what I MEANT to say ;)
SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

#102 mr. moore

mr. moore

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 09:48 AM

oh sorry dingo girl i thought you were implying the hormones thing again. or "unresolved issues". im pretty sure i don't have lupus or MS mostly because it's more common in women. anyways i just scheduled my appointement for the 19th. i don't know what i'm gonna expect i just hope they follow SOME procedure.

#103 mr. moore

mr. moore

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:36 PM

i guess that it's just a waiting game now. what questions should i ask before i get them replaced?

#104 AndreaB

AndreaB

November 2008

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:00 PM

There are different protocols out there. It's hard to say what to do because everyone is different and has different needs of support for their body.

Have you looked at http://www.iaomt.org/

That website has some good info on it.

I was going to have my teeth done last fall but was unable too. I was given a protocol, but I won't say anything on that due to my first statement.

Your body would need support as well as help with the mercury that is stirred up during the removal (a toxin binder) for one. My protocol had me starting things a month ahead of when the first removal was. Read up on this and see what you can do to help you body deal with the additional mercury during this time. High protein and high veggie intake in very important, along with lots of water to flush the system.

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

#105 mr. moore

mr. moore

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:04 AM

im gonna use charcoal and chlorella since i get them out at the end of the month im sure it'll help some. then maybe cilantro?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: