Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

You May Already Know About The Mercury In Fillings...

• Please log in to reply

175 replies to this topic

#106 AndreaB

AndreaB

November 2008

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:30 AM

Charcoal and chlorella are good if you tolerate them. I had tried chlorella once and it didn't go over well with me. I was muscle tested and put on another brand. It is very difficult to self treat for mercury as you can really mess up your body more if you don't detox well or your detox is sluggish.
I wouldn't recomment the cilantro because of that.

Charcoal needs to be taken away from other supps. I've never used it myself but that is what others have said.

It is very important to try and find a practitioner that can help you with this so you don't cause yourself more harm. Any naturopath's or holistic doctors near you? You need to weigh everything you're told. There is good and bad in both sides of medicine.

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#107 mr. moore

mr. moore

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:35 PM

sorry andrea but i had to stop reading your post after you mentioned muscle testing. i had that done with neurofeedback and i never felt so intellectually insulted in all my life. just...just the idea of it.

anyways i have a question, and i hope i didn't drive rachel away with them: can you have a white filling that was done over an amalgam? i don't know if that's the case and i'll call my dentist (even though im already scheduled to get them replaced) but i have heard that they can do that.

muscle testing...

#108 purple

purple

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:25 PM

sorry andrea but i had to stop reading your post after you mentioned muscle testing. i had that done with neurofeedback and i never felt so intellectually insulted in all my life. just...just the idea of it.

anyways i have a question, and i hope i didn't drive rachel away with them: can you have a white filling that was done over an amalgam? i don't know if that's the case and i'll call my dentist (even though im already scheduled to get them replaced) but i have heard that they can do that.

muscle testing...

We found out my dd was gluten intolerant thru muscle testing. There is a thread on here about it, if anyone wants to google it.

Dylan, you can PM Rachel, I am sure she would like to help you with any further questions.
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

#109 AndreaB

AndreaB

November 2008

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:45 PM

I guess I should have clarified. I had ART done which is an advanced form of muscle testing developed in part by Dr Klinghardt. As with many doctors, some muscle testers are good and some are not. Sounds like you had a not.

As far as having white fillings put over the amalgam. I don't know about that. I know I have crowns over amalgam though, which I'll eventually replace.

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

#110 Mother of Jibril

Mother of Jibril

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 04:17 AM

muscle testing...

I've had a couple of "silver" fillings replaced in the last three years. After the dentist drills out the original filling he or she can definitely replace it with a resin filling.

I don't think it's common to layer one filling over another... fillings deteriorate over time, so you need to keep an eye on them. Keep in mind that metal shows up easily on x-ray, so if (for some reason) you had one that was hidden it would definitely be possible to find it again.
Gluten free 08/08
Son has IgE allergies to peanuts and corn
Hashimoto's, MCAD, pregnancy loss at 17 weeks
HLA-DQB1*0302 (celiac), HLA-DQB1*0301 (gluten sensitive)
Serological equivalent 3,3 (subtype 8,7)
Extensive family history of autoimmune disorders and related symptoms

#111 rinne

rinne

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 04:27 AM

..... i never felt so intellectually insulted in all my life. just...just the idea of it.

What an odd expression Mr. Moore..... B)

There is more to healing than intellect, try thinking yourself off the toilet. :lol: Sorry if I seem rude but it seems to me so much of the grief we find ourselves in is precisely because of a kind of intellectual thinking that we can put any kind of poop that passes for food in our bodies and they will just keep running and running. NOT!

Oh, but even better for big pharma is that as poisoned as we are by this poop we need more poop from them to keep going, drugs to suppress our reactions to being poisoned. I think Ritalin falls into that category.

Recently a professor from a University in Saskatchewan published a book, using the government of Canada's own studies, showed the declining nutritional content of food in Canada. He was fired and the book removed from the library and bookstore.

So, not only poisoned but starved of real nutrients.

There is seriously messed up poop happening with our food supply. Do you ever wonder about these people who just lose it, kill themselves and others, do you even wonder about their diet and what medications they are on?

As for muscle testing, I tend to think it is as good as the tester. I look at it this way, there are no solids, what appears as solid to us is constantly in motion, that is the nature of the world. Did you know that end of our lives we carry DNA from others, that throughout our lives we literally meld with others and become a part of them and they a part of us?

Who is to say what is true and what is not, we must trust our own experience but in order to trust it we must know it and that requires paying attention with a mind and body awake and aware. That is difficult if we are sick.
A family with Celiac disease, two brothers and two sisters.

Lyme Disease, Diagnosis October 19, 2006

May 2006 - December 2008 Gluten and Dairy Free

December 2008, while seeing improvement on the gluten free diet, I did not recover and so in December of 2008 began the SCD and now have hope for recovery.

#112 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 04:32 AM

Please try to be a little more respectful of other's views. Human beings are incredibly complex, and what works for one person may not work for another.

Just because it doesn't work for you doesn't mean it's bad.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#113 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 04:35 AM

Did you know that end of our lives we carry DNA from others, that throughout our lives we literally meld with others and become a part of them and they a part of us?

Do you have a reference for this statement?
- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

#114 rinne

rinne

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:50 AM

Do you have a reference for this statement?

Thanks for asking. :) I can't recall where I read that but your question sent me looking and I did find this article:

DNA

The team then measured total methylation changes in a different set of DNA samples collected from Utah residents of northern and western European descent. These DNA samples were collected over a 16-year span from 126 individuals from two- and three-generation families.

Similar to the Icelandic population, the Utah family members also showed varied methylation changes over time. But they found that family members tended to have the same kind of change-if one individual lost methylation over time, they saw similar loss in other family members.

"We still haven't concretely figured out what this means for health and disease, but as an epidemiologist, I think this is very interesting, since epigenetic changes could be an important link between environment, aging and genetic risk for disease," Fallin says."

December 2008, while seeing improvement on the gluten free diet, I did not recover and so in December of 2008 began the SCD and now have hope for recovery.

#115 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:42 AM

Oddly enough, I just read that paper. My student is doing an epigenetics project and we were discussing ways to measure methylation.

I think you've misinterpreted the results. What they found was that methylation changes over time cluster in families, which suggests a genetic component to methylation (rather than a purely environmental component).

It has nothing to do with who you associate with, it's a result of who you are genetically related to.
- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

#116 rinne

rinne

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:14 AM

Oddly enough, I just read that paper. My student is doing an epigenetics project and we were discussing ways to measure methylation.

I think you've misinterpreted the results. What they found was that methylation changes over time cluster in families, which suggests a genetic component to methylation (rather than a purely environmental component).

It has nothing to do with who you associate with, it's a result of who you are genetically related to.

Hi, you may well be correct but I am certain that I did read just that somewhere, but where? :huh:

What I took from the article above is that our DNA does change over our lives and that change may be affected by the environment, from there it is an easy leap for me to consider myself an environmental change. :lol:

How funny that you had just read this article. :)

#117 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:21 AM

Technically speaking, your DNA does not change. Methylation is more of a masking event, like closing and opening curtains that allow a room to be viewed, or not. The room doesn't change, only access to it.
- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

#118 mr. moore

mr. moore

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:08 AM

We found out my dd was gluten intolerant thru muscle testing. There is a thread on here about it, if anyone wants to google it.

Dylan, you can PM Rachel, I am sure she would like to help you with any further questions.

no i don't think she likes me. most of my questions dont make sense anyways.

#119 mr. moore

mr. moore

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:14 AM

i did the muscle testing with a neurologist who did the neurofeedback. she held my arm out and basically "asked it" if i needed this stuff called gabba. i had to say yes yes yes, or no no no, it didn't make sense. especially back then when i was a LOT more manic in finding a cure, i just felt like getting up and walking out the door.

#120 Mtndog

Mtndog

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,254 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:23 AM

i did the muscle testing with a neurologist who did the neurofeedback. she held my arm out and basically "asked it" if i needed this stuff called gabba. i had to say yes yes yes, or no no no, it didn't make sense. especially back then when i was a LOT more manic in finding a cure, i just felt like getting up and walking out the door.

Sounds like you may have had a strange experience <_< :huh:

My Lyme doctor does muscle testing when I see him (every other month) and then does bloodwork to check the two against each other and it is bizarrely accurate.
Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer.
Albert Careb

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: