17 replies to this topic

#16 Takala

Takala

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:19 AM

Nestle and their other company Wonka candy will disclose any gluten in their products. All you have to do to determine if it's gluten free is read the label. :)

Then why change the label ?

From a legal standpoint, if they do not label the package "gluten free" they don't have to make it that way, be consistent from batch to batch, nor do they have to guarantee that the item is that way.

It says the consumer must take the initiative to contact them repeatedly, and then rely on verbal confirmation that the item has not hidden anything in the ingredients.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 camillesyl

camillesyl

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

So I was thinking ok I'm gonna check my nestle box it says made in same equipment with wheat processed foods

#18 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,240 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:42 AM

So I was thinking ok I'm gonna check my nestle box it says made in same equipment with wheat processed foods

Please notice that this thread is over 3 years old. Products can change in that time. Always read the package for the most up-to-date ingredients.

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: