#1 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:17 AM

http://proteinfactor...m/shop/home.php

I stumbled across this website and to my surprise they make gluten-free meal replacements and protein powders. The nice thing is you pick the ingredients so for example if your allergic to soy, you can tell them to leave it out. (this my understanding) I'm getting ready to order some to try it out. It would have been nice to have something like this back in college, it was hard to get the calories when I was playing basketball. More would have been healthier than eating a box of Pamela's cookies everyday after practice. :) Anyways hope this helps, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been looking for something like this. If you can please post feedback if you try this, thanks.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 nickjc055

nickjc055

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 02:36 PM

http://proteinfactor...m/shop/home.php

I stumbled across this website and to my surprise they make gluten-free meal replacements and protein powders. The nice thing is you pick the ingredients so for example if your allergic to soy, you can tell them to leave it out. (this my understanding) I'm getting ready to order some to try it out. It would have been nice to have something like this back in college, it was hard to get the calories when I was playing basketball. More would have been healthier than eating a box of Pamela's cookies everyday after practice. :) Anyways hope this helps, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been looking for something like this. If you can please post feedback if you try this, thanks.

I have always worked out with weights, played basketball among other things. I am 27 now and learned I have celiac about 6 months ago. I have dropped to 165lbs from normally 180-185lb with working out and muscle. Now with my diet restricted I am eager to find a protein powder or shake that I can take after workouts that is glutenfree. Let me know how it goes or if you come across any other and I will do the same.

#3 knowurgluten

knowurgluten

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:18 PM

I have always worked out with weights, played basketball among other things. I am 27 now and learned I have celiac about 6 months ago. I have dropped to 165lbs from normally 180-185lb with working out and muscle. Now with my diet restricted I am eager to find a protein powder or shake that I can take after workouts that is glutenfree. Let me know how it goes or if you come across any other and I will do the same.

I too am looking for a good tasting protein shake that is gluten-free.

Any luck with this one or another? Please share!
[size="3"]Celiac diagnosed 2002 from being scoped "flat vili" Began to feel better but have always had:
Anemia, Elevated liver enzymes on and off for 15 years, dizziness off and on, Brain fog off and on, Most recent TAILBONE PAIN, 2 LARGE breast lumps, a pounding heart, and elevated cholesterol.
I found out I had been taking vitamins and eating protein bars that had gluten in them when I was told they didnt. And most recently I was taking unisom always assuming it was gluten-free I can't believe I did not check into this. I am in the process of calling the manufacturer but no answer yet. If you know of anything or can help me, I'd love a PM from you![/
size]

#4 celiac-mommy

celiac-mommy

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:24 PM

I use the Biochem Raw foods and whey vanilla powder religiously after my workouts (I'll even mix up the night before for the early am workouts). It tastes great too. We have a health food store here (Portland) that has individual pkts of different brands so you can try them out for a dollar or so before you spend a fortune on the canisters. It was by far the best one I tried.

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

#5 loxleynew

loxleynew

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:17 AM

I am looking for one as well. Preferably higher calorie if anyone knows of one. A website would be preferable :)

#6 celiac-mommy

celiac-mommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:32 AM

I am looking for one as well. Preferably higher calorie if anyone knows of one. A website would be preferable :)

http://www.biochem-f...wders_main.html

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

#7 JillianLindsay

JillianLindsay

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:05 PM

Any similar Canadian products out there?? Looking for a low-sugar, high-protein shake :)

gluten-free since July 8, 2009!

#8 Erin Elberson

Erin Elberson

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 03:59 PM

Any similar Canadian products out there?? Looking for a low-sugar, high-protein shake :)

I believe Allmax is a brand available in Canada, and they are gluten free (Check individual flavors though to be sure-I am dying to try the peanut butter chocolate whey isolate!)
I also believe that True Protein ships to Canada. I use Beverly International, chocolate and vanilla flavors are gluten free, not Cookies N Creme.
Unfortunately, PVL Whey Gourmet products are NOT gluten free, at least as of when I emailed them about a year ago. They have some awesome sounding flavors.
Eat well and be well.
Erin Elberson

#9 NaturalEdge

NaturalEdge

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 05:30 PM

For a straight protein I prefer Natural Edge Whey Protein Complete Blend. It's all natural, gluten and soy free and it's sweetened with Stevia. Stevia has such a small impact on blood sugars.
They have vanilla, chocolate and orange cream flavors.

For a meal replacement there is vanilla and chocolate meal replacement, as well as a Fat Burner meal replacement.

Great stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: