7 replies to this topic

#1 barbie_doll

barbie_doll

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:58 PM

Hello, I am 22 and was wondering what alcoholic mixed drinks are safe? Like the ones you get at clubs?
I have a grocery shopping guide book but under alcohol it just states that all distilled alcohol is gluten-free.

What does distilled mean? I understand I cannot have beer or malt beverages.

The drinks I am most wondering about are the following, and the ingredients I am pretty sure they contain;
Strawberry strippers-(strawberry pucker & orange juice)
Bullfrog-(Lime flavored Vodka & Sprite)

Any list of any others that are safe will help me out, or any info you have about the 2 I listed. Thanks! :D

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Lisa

Lisa

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 04:34 PM

Hello, I am 22 and was wondering what alcoholic mixed drinks are safe? Like the ones you get at clubs?
I have a grocery shopping guide book but under alcohol it just states that all distilled alcohol is gluten-free.

The drinks I am most wondering about are the following, and the ingredients I am pretty sure they contain;

Any list of any others that are safe will help me out, or any info you have about the 2 I listed. Thanks! :D

Maybe this might help:

http://www.celiac.co...ages/Page1.html

http://www.celiac.co...Diet/Page1.html
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#3 crazy_freak4321

crazy_freak4321

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 03:38 AM

just wondering if anyone knew if jack daniels and cola the premixed one is gluten free?

or bundaberg and cola is gluten free?

#4 laurelfla

laurelfla

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:00 AM

I can't help with those particular brands, just thought I'd chime in. Usually it's necessary to try to track down the manufacturer and ask. It's a little frustrating, but I've found the best strategy (at least for me) is to memorize a few brand names I know I can have and then stick to those. It gets expensive, but I think it's better than taking chances on flavored alcohols.
Some things I order when I'm out are
vodka and cranberry - if I can confirm the brand of the Cranberry - Ocean Spray is OK
Malibu on the rocks, or with pineapple juice, if it's Dole
rum and sprite or Coke - any kind of clear, unflavored rum
Jack is Ok, and Coke is okay - I don't know about the premixed variety.
Hope this helps!
diagnosed 8/05 through positive bloodwork & biopsy
gluten-free since then!

"Those who are willing to be vulnerable move among mysteries." Theodore Roethke

#5 jeharries

jeharries

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:52 AM

Smirnoff vodkas (even the flavored ones!!) are gluten free as well :)

#6 Brooklyn528

Brooklyn528

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 09:25 AM

Maker's Mark and Coke is good. Malibu, and sprite, coke, pineapple, etc. Tequila sunrise. Margarita's check the premixed ones though. Daquiri's with fresh fruit not mixes.

Hope i could help.

Brooklyn
Diagnosed with Celiac Disease 01/06/09, positive EGD biopsy 01/20/2009, gluten-free(with some hiccups) ever since. Diagnosed with Autoimmune hepatitis 09/24/2009. Diagnosed Fibromyalgia 12/15/2009

Mother- Diagnosed Seronegative Rhuematoid Arthritis 10/06/09, Diagnosed Lupus (SLE) 11/2009, Diagnosed Hashimoto's Thyroiditis 2000.

Grandmother- Diagnosed Celiac Disease 08/2007.

Son-Positive HLA DQ2, "Lactose intolerant" and on Soy and off Dairy since 5/09, still having symptoms.

Daughter- Positive symptomalogy, Positive HLA DQ2 and DQ8, Positive IgG, Not yet diagnosed though.

"I may be bruised, but I am never broken." ME :D

#7 Fitze082

Fitze082

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:13 AM

When they say distilled they are referring to the hard liquor because when it it processed no gluten is left in it or something like that.

#8 Squidge

Squidge

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:46 AM

When they say distilled they are referring to the hard liquor because when it it processed no gluten is left in it or something like that.

Actually distilled is a purification process, having nothing to do with gluten. However, it is used on hard liquors to remove impurities. However, if the liquor in question was fermented from wheat, rye, or barley, do not drink it whether or not it is distilled.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: