This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Mixed Alcoholic Drinks

barbie-doll

barbie-doll Newbie

Hello, I am 22 and was wondering what alcoholic mixed drinks are safe? Like the ones you get at clubs?

I have a grocery shopping guide book but under alcohol it just states that all distilled alcohol is gluten-free.

What does distilled mean? I understand I cannot have beer or malt beverages.

The drinks I am most wondering about are the following, and the ingredients I am pretty sure they contain;

Strawberry strippers-(strawberry pucker & orange juice)

Bullfrog-(Lime flavored Vodka & Sprite)

Any list of any others that are safe will help me out, or any info you have about the 2 I listed. Thanks! :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lisa Mentor
Hello, I am 22 and was wondering what alcoholic mixed drinks are safe? Like the ones you get at clubs?

I have a grocery shopping guide book but under alcohol it just states that all distilled alcohol is gluten-free.

The drinks I am most wondering about are the following, and the ingredients I am pretty sure they contain;

Any list of any others that are safe will help me out, or any info you have about the 2 I listed. Thanks! :D

Maybe this might help:

https://www.celiac.com/articles/222/1/Glute...ages/Page1.html

https://www.celiac.com/articles/184/1/Ameri...Diet/Page1.html

• 9 months later...
crazy-freak4321 Newbie

just wondering if anyone knew if jack daniels and cola the premixed one is gluten free?

or bundaberg and cola is gluten free?

laurelfla Enthusiast

I can't help with those particular brands, just thought I'd chime in. Usually it's necessary to try to track down the manufacturer and ask. It's a little frustrating, but I've found the best strategy (at least for me) is to memorize a few brand names I know I can have and then stick to those. It gets expensive, but I think it's better than taking chances on flavored alcohols.

Some things I order when I'm out are

vodka and cranberry - if I can confirm the brand of the Cranberry - Ocean Spray is OK

Malibu on the rocks, or with pineapple juice, if it's Dole

rum and sprite or Coke - any kind of clear, unflavored rum

Jack is Ok, and Coke is okay - I don't know about the premixed variety.

Hope this helps!

jeharries Newbie

Smirnoff vodkas (even the flavored ones!!) are gluten free as well :)

Brooklyn528 Apprentice

Maker's Mark and Coke is good. Malibu, and sprite, coke, pineapple, etc. Tequila sunrise. Margarita's check the premixed ones though. Daquiri's with fresh fruit not mixes.

Hope i could help.

Brooklyn

• 3 weeks later...
Fitze082 Newbie

When they say distilled they are referring to the hard liquor because when it it processed no gluten is left in it or something like that.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 1 month later...
Squidge Newbie

When they say distilled they are referring to the hard liquor because when it it processed no gluten is left in it or something like that.

Actually distilled is a purification process, having nothing to do with gluten. However, it is used on hard liquors to remove impurities. However, if the liquor in question was fermented from wheat, rye, or barley, do not drink it whether or not it is distilled.

Archived