2 replies to this topic

#1 KayJay

KayJay

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 05:46 PM

Anyone else having trouble gaining weight? I am 19 wks now and I think I have only gained a pound. I don't even look pg yet. My doctor seems a little concerned but I had an ultrasound last week and the baby looks good she is growing and seems to be right on track. And it looks like a little girl!

But, I know I am not eating any gluten and that I was sick until week 17 so that is why I haven't gained much weight. I was just wondering if anyone else seems to have a problem gaining weight and getting a belly?
gluten-free since 2004!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Twister2

Twister2

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 11:22 AM

Hi KayJay! Is this your first baby? I am 11 weeks with my third and during my first pregnancy it took me forever to gain weight. I still have not gained anything yet with this little one. I was still wearing my normal clothes at 4 months. Here's the good news, I ended up having a healthy 7lb 8oz girl. I gained 20 lbs in the end, and I didn't put on much weight until I was around 7 months. My doctors were concerned with both my prenancies because I measured really small right until the end, but both my girls were over 7lbs. My Ob said he has no idea why, but tall thin women seem to hide pregnancies well. If baby looks fine on the ultrasound then you are doing great!!

Keep us posted!
Antibody positive, diagnosed October 2004.
Mother and two sisters with Celiacs also
Edmond, Oklahoma

#3 KayJay

KayJay

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 10:39 AM

Thanks I feel like I gained more weight this week than during this whole time. I am almost 6 months now and still in my normal clothes but I do see my belly growing now. I am only 5' but I am thin. One lady told me I was carrying the baby in my butt :lol: Not that I have grown there either but she said that if you don't have a belly that is where you care the baby!
gluten-free since 2004!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: