Get email alerts Get E-mail Alerts Sponsor: Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE email alerts

"Super Sensitive" Celiacs.....

478 posts in this topic

Yep. No one told us when we were younger how tough we would have to be, or we would have trained harder (although I got some pretty good training along the way -- and one kind person who took me under her wing because she understood :wub: ) Funny how those people stand out in our lives -- that one person, and my 8th grade teacher probably saved my life.

The only people who understand celiacs are celiacs. I hope your path gets easier and your coworkers more understanding. May you find someone to take your side, to hold your hand and guide you through the celiac doldrums. I would if I were there, because I KNOW! :)

Well said Shroomie!!!

Ads by Google:

When I first began the forum we thought I might have got ideas from the Super=sensitives and "copied them". Now I believe that I found my reactions, because you helped to define them. I was super sensitive all along and knowing it could happen didn't change that.

My symptoms 6 months later are more undeniable than ever. I keep marveling that I really am acting like a celiac. I keep wondering how nobody around me thinks it seems like too big of deal physically. Just keep doing your job until you drop dead? Really.. "It is just my choice to follow the diet?! The stress is really hard to take lately. Even with physical improvement I long for markers of progress and someone who will ask how it is going and truly want to know. Someone who will counsel me maybe I shouldn't eat something. Someone who does not eat it infront of me.

Sorry, I didn't make it to the end of the thread, yet and must sign off.

It is hard coping with celiac disease, and even more so when you find out that you are super sensitive. There are few who understand and many who tell you that you couldn't possibly be reacting to what you are reacting too. I am lucky to have supportive doctors and to have found other super sensitive celiacs who have been very supportive. I would love to pay it forward and I offer you any help you need.

Jerseygirl I had the same problem! I've been dealing with celiac disease for about 6 years and I went through the same thing. I most definitely have become more sensitive through the process but my anxiety has gone down dramatically. The only time it ever flares up is if I eat gluten. As with the symptoms I also have noticed that they aren't as severe (unless I eat large amounts of gluten) but they do drag. I will feel tired for a longer period of time and be bloated for longer :angry: . It also KILLS my work outs, I sweat about 50% more and it is so much harder to get through.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• I have not taken him to a dermatologist. I have dapsone, which I put on the rash, it always clears up. I have it for another family member. But then I started reading about celiac and all these dots are out there but not connected.  The next time he has the bumps, I am going to take him in. In the mean time, I am trying to find a dermatologist who understands the condition. I don't want my kid to have celiac. And I kinda feel crazy for thinking he may have a gluten issue but with it in my family and him having these other things, I want to be dilligent.   i will read up on the test you suggested. Thanks for taking the time to read and respond everyone.   
    • I tested positive to deamidated gliadin in August at a hospital. My old GI tested me using gliadin (the test listed on your result) in September and it was negative. Literally the next day, my new GI tested for deamidated gliadin again and it was positive (I was unaware the hospital scheduled an appointment with the new GI for follow up).  If you still suspect it, Google deamidated gliadin, print out the Mayo clinic lab info and circle the part where it says they have discontinued the use of gliadin in favor of the deamidated gliadin.  Has he seen a dermatologist?
    • He has a rash on his fingers from time to time. Angular Chetelis. Mouth sores. So skinny. Anxious. 
    • The blood test results are negative (and he had the complete panel).  No GI issues (per your posting).  What makes you suspect celiac disease?  
    • Hi WS, So sorry to hear your not feeling quite right just yet. I can relate! I believe in doing whatever is needed for you to be able to come to terms with the diagnosis, which it sounds like was given to you already but if you still need further evidence then do whatever is needed!  In regards to food, I am a pescatarian so I also don't eat meat but I get my protein from some seafood, eggs, beans, natural protein replacements, exct...I was vegetarian and found it extremely difficult on the gluten-free diet for my lifestyle. I found probiotics have really helped me but even now I still feel off days with my digestion and I think that just comes with having a digestive disease. I know what foods trigger it (Yes gluten-free foods!) and try to stay away. I remember the first month or so I was very sick from removing gluten, almost like withdrawal symptoms. Probably because I ate a lot of it prior so it was a shock. 3 1/2 years later, I still feel weak and light headed if I don't eat enough carbs/protein. Celiacs are known to have deficiencies already so your nutrition intake/supplements are super important! I hope your able to find peace with your health and get the answers your looking for! Let us know an update -Cristina  IG: ifitceliac
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member