8 replies to this topic

#1 Del

Del

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:20 AM

Need some advice or at least Sympathy! Got the flu the 5th of January....after several days it hit my stomach....after eighteen months of being Gluten Free it seems as if I'm back to square one! Very discouraging......has this happened to any of you?

Del

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 sbj

sbj

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:53 AM

I'm not sure I understand?

You probably picked up a stomach virus. Per my doctor, there's a bad one going around this year. I had tummy issues for four straight days. But this had nothing to do with gluten, it was a stomach virus.

I hope you feel better soon!

#3 Del

Del

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:57 AM

It certainly is a horrible one and Vegas, where I live, is over run with it!!! Did you do anything in particular to control your stomach issues?

Del

#4 sbj

sbj

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 01:24 PM

I'm sorry to say that nothing worked. I tried eating the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, apple sauce, toast) without the toast. Didn't work. Tried Pepto - didn't work. Tried Immodium - didn't work. After 3 days I was nervous but it stopped on day 5. I believe that if diarrhea continues for more than a week you should get your butt in and see your doctor, but a stomach virus in general can last up to two weeks. Hang tough! (And stomach viruses are VERY contagious. Watch your hygiene.)

#5 Del

Del

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 01:31 PM

Believe me I'm so relieved to hear you say Nothing worked.....nothing is working for me either ! Guess I just wanted to know it's normal!!! Thanks for the reply!
Del

Del

#6 ang1e0251

ang1e0251

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 02:00 PM

I had that this fall and it was the pits. I lived on homemade chicken and rice noodle soup and tea. It really just had to run it's course with me. Sorry, I hope you feel better soon.

#7 Del

Del

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:04 PM

Thanks....now I'm looking forward to it "running it's course"!!

Del

#8 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,743 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:29 PM

Thanks....now I'm looking forward to it "running it's course"!!

I hope you get over this soon. Please be sure to push liquids while you are still actively ill and watch out for dehydration. If you can't keep anything down or in you at all please do contact your doctor.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#9 Del

Del

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:37 PM

I think I've turned a corner today...only signs are cough and stomach problems!!!! Drinking lots of water!
Thanks for the reply!
Del

Del

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: