Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Wonton Wrappers

9 posts in this topic

Does anyone have a recipe or a suggestion for gluten-free wonton wrappers? I found a recipe for wonton wrappers that is NOT gluten free that calls for all-purpose flour. I thought I'd use some gluten-free flour mix with xanthan gum or guar gum. The problem is that I ddon't know what flours to use. I would prefer an originally gluten-free recipe because I am planning a very involved dinner for mid February and still need to test things out and make adjustments. If anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate it if you could post them below. Thank You! :D

Ads by Google:
Does anyone have a recipe or a suggestion for gluten-free wonton wrappers? I found a recipe for wonton wrappers that is NOT gluten free that calls for all-purpose flour. I thought I'd use some gluten-free flour mix with xanthan gum or guar gum. The problem is that I ddon't know what flours to use. I would prefer an originally gluten-free recipe because I am planning a very involved dinner for mid February and still need to test things out and make adjustments. If anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate it if you could post them below. Thank You! :D

Check out this blog post:

http://iamglutenfree.blogspot.com/2009/01/...ns-shu-mei.html

She uses Better Batter Gluten Free Flour in her wonton wrapper recipe; I haven't tried their flour but a lot of people on this forum swear by it.

Good luck!

JoAnn

I just use spring roll wrappers, inexpensive and easy to use.

I use soba or buckwheat flour for wonton and gyoza. Sometimes mix it with a little amaranth or quinoa flour depending on what's inside.

I like to make them with figs, feta and spinach.

Ken

I was looking for a gluten free wonton recipes too but couldn't find one! I think I'll use rice paper finally!

I just use spring roll wrappers, inexpensive and easy to use.

Where do you find the gluten free spring roll wrapper? I have looked every where even in the Asian stores in my town and I can not find them.

You might want to ask specifically for Vietnamese or Thai style rice-based spring roll wrappers. Referring to them as won ton wrappers or egg rolls might confuse some people. They are dry in the Asian market where I shop, and were located near the other dried rice noodles. Good luck!

I found my spring roll wrappers in my local Martin's grocery store in the Asian section. Granted in another local Martin's they didn't carry them. They were in round clear plastic box. They come dried and you have to moisten them with water. I use a 10 inch pie pan and add water to they can soak about 30 seconds. Then they do seem like skins they turn clear and soft. You fill them and cook. I usually bake mine but you can fry them too. To fry, I would assume you would want to let them dry out some.

Hi Youngceliac16,

I just posted this recipe to my blog. I was going to keep this one to myself but it's always better to share.

Here is my recipe for dough sheets, which are fantastic for wonton wrappers, raviolis, dumplings you name it! You can even make them up ahead of time and freeze them. Sounds perfect for your dinner party. My whole family just got together last weekend for a Gluten Free Chinese Food party! I have to tell you we all ate so much and because everybody brought something there was such a variety. It was bliss to have so many options. And let me tell you, being able to do this in steps and having the options of freezing, refrigerating or cooking and freezing helped it to come about so fluidly for me, even though I work full time and then some.

Click on the link below to get to the recipe. Have fun and let me know how you liked this recipe.

http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/index.ph...blogid=545&

Thanks and have a gluten freedom day!