3 replies to this topic

#1 Sharon Marie

Sharon Marie

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:30 PM

My dream is for someone to figure out a clear and well balanced satisfying Daily Gluten Free menu. Even if only for a week. One that covers the food groups and yet keeps the calories within reason.
Is that possible? Especially if one seems to be sensitive to milk products and maybe potatos.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 MySuicidalTurtle

MySuicidalTurtle

"Like a rolling stone?"

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:00 PM

It is possible if you put your favourites in. Make snacks fruit or veggies and add as many veggies to your main dishes as you can.

#3 mindiloo

mindiloo

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:03 AM

I eat a lot of chicken because it's easy and you can do a lot with it...check with the salad dressing and barbeque dressing labels but my favorite are marinading chicken in italian dressing, honey bbq sauce, lemon juice, or just seasonings like rosemary, thyme, basil, stuff like that.
you can put that on a salad with things like onions, peppers, cucumbers, and craisons.

you can also get rice pasta and make shells and sauce with chicken on the side, or make meatballs without breadcrumbs for that.

i live on peanut butter, whether i'm eating it with celery, rice crackers, or just by itself it's quick, easy and healthy.
almonds are also really good, i have a big 10lb bag from BJs Wholesale and I bring baggies of them around with me.
I'm on the run a lot during the day so I try to have a really big breakfast that can hold me over as long as possible.

Eggs are always a good choice, and you can do a lot with them as well. fried, poached, hard boiled, and omlettes with whatever you want in them- tomatoes, cheese (cabot brand has the lactase enzyme added in if you're dairy sensitive), chives, spinach, etc.
i also like to make fruit smoothies in the morning or when i get back from the gym, i get frozen fruit like strawberries and blueberries and add some lactaid milk and throw it in a blender. it's healthy and fills you up.
red meat is always good if you eat that, although it is expensive. i get frozen cheeseburgers and put cabot cheese on them every once in a while, or i'll marinade steak in italian dressing.

if you can have potatoes then french fries are a good snack when you're craving something not wicked healthy, i either get them frozen and bake them or i make them myself. baked potatoes with simply smart dairy/gluten free butter and salt and pepper or dairy free sour cream is always good and filling.

i'm not a big veggie person, but i'm trying to be one. broccoli is my favorite, but i'm trying to like green beans as well. buy a bag of baby carrots and bring that with you for a snack.

i hope this helps!

#4 loxleynew

loxleynew

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:28 AM

My dream is for someone to figure out a clear and well balanced satisfying Daily Gluten Free menu. Even if only for a week. One that covers the food groups and yet keeps the calories within reason.
Is that possible? Especially if one seems to be sensitive to milk products and maybe potatos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: