Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Valuable Search Facility

2 posts in this topic

I'm just cottoning onto the value of the search facility, for example to find posts with a certain country in - not always on that part of the forum - or a subject.

Decided to mention it to others in case they have been like me.

Must admit it does recommend it in the text above all the posts/listings.

What a phenomenal forum!

Michael

Ads by Google:

Yep :). Also, you can make your search more specific with "more options" (to determine how many days back you want to search, a specific member name, etc.). I find the most helpful thing is the advanced usage (see the link to "advanced usage help" under the search option):

Advanced Usage Help

Use                                          Means

apple banana

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• A new study confirms a link between intestinal viral infections and celiac disease. View the full article
    • Good luck with all the testing.  You are doing the right thing by telling your son to gluten up!  Buy him one of those gluteny cakes at a bakery...if that doesn't spike his numbers, nothing will. 
    • Thank you for this response! You are right, I'm sure. My sed rate was normal. My c reactive protein was 6, which is high. My platelets were a bit elevated and I was slightly anemic. I am going tomorrow for another endoscopy. I know that these things could be related to other things... but I'm thinking there is a change they are all still related to celiac (I'm hoping). What other autoimmune disease do you have, if you don't mind me asking?
    • HIV doesn't turn off the immune system, it destroys it to the point where most people die from complications that arise from having no immune system.  Some end up with pneumonia or cancer, which takes their life. It is pretty amazing the treatments they have developed for it, to slow it down and give people longer, quality time. I am perfectly content with the gluten free diet as my treatment and honestly, if they developed a pill that they claimed would make it possible for people to eat gluten again, I doubt I would. I could not bring myself to eat a food that I am genetically programmed to not be able to digest and that totally pisses off my immune system.  However, if they succeed with some of the meds they are working on now, one of which I posted about earlier this summer, I would take those.  They are working on things that modulate the immune system down so inflammation can be tamed down further.  Even with a strict gluten-free diet, there will always be more inflammation for us than for those who don't have AI diseases.  I do everything possible to tame it down myself but it isn't in the normal range.....yet. Long term inflammation can kill you so something along those lines would be welcome.  You would still have to eat gluten-free but the disease activity would be calmed down.  This is a drug that targets those with lupus and maybe Sjogren's....which I have.  There are possibilities for other AI diseases from that!
    • Hi Anns and welcome   Do you think that I am on the right course to see if I possibly have Celiac?   Yes, it was smart of you to consider the possibility and its good that you've had the tests. Both the aneamia and bloating are symptoms, although of course they may be unrelated. Best way to find out is to check as you are doing.   Can this develope later in life ( I'm 46)?   Yes, I think its most common discovered later rather than sooner.   I ate a meal last night that was gluten free and did not feel like nearly as bloated after eating, would I notice a change that quickly?  Thanksort for your input.   Yes, I noticed far less of a heavy feeling after eating very soon after diet changes. However you would be better off not trying gluten free just yet. I collected some links and other stuff here, it may be of use: Your best bet is to eat as normal and wait for the test results. If your doctors eliminate celiac there's nothing to stop you excluding gluten at that point to see if it helps. But before then you need to keep eating it to ensure an accurate diagnosis.  All the best  
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Anns