- - - - -

Manicures

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Jan_*

Guest_Jan_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2004 - 11:25 AM

I am newly diagnosised with Celiac disease. I have been doing alright with the diets and was thrilled that I have not had Migraines since changing my diet. Last night I had a manicure and had a set of nails put on (Acrylic). Bam, the MIGRAINES ARE BACK.

I am wondering if anyone else has had the problem of Migraines?

Thanks for any help you may give.
Jan

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Suzn14806

Suzn14806

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 09:19 PM

I have not gotten migraines from getting my nails done but I have gotten them many times from other strong smells (or bright lights or loud noises). The smells for the acrylic nails are very strong. Perhaps that is the cause.

#3 Guest_Blackheartedwolf_*

Guest_Blackheartedwolf_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2004 - 11:24 AM

I suffer from migraines. I just found out that I have celiac disease last Thursday, have not yet gone gluten-free.

I don't remember getting migraines after having tips put on, but I do seem to get a migraine the day after dying my hair.

Maybe the harsh chemicals are causing it.

I have had my fingers burn after having tips put on.

#4 Save My Villi

Save My Villi

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 10:03 PM

So do we have any solid answer on whether or not nail salons have products that have gluten in them? The salons that I go to have Asians working there and (no disrespect meant), I'm lucky if they understand the type of manicure that I want, let alone trying to get them to understand what I'm talking about with regard to Gluten and Celiac Diesase! Does anyone have any info. on this? :unsure:

#5 Save My Villi

Save My Villi

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 10:04 PM

So do we have any solid answer on whether or not nail salons have products that have gluten in them? The salons that I go to have Asians working there and (no disrespect meant), I'm lucky if they understand the type of manicure that I want, let alone trying to get them to understand what I'm talking about with regard to Gluten and Celiac Diesase! Does anyone have any info. on this? :unsure:

#6 Nin

Nin

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 10:49 AM

The ND I am dealing with tells me that people with Celiac often develop other sensitivities, and not only to food, also to other chemicals etc. in the environment. Once your intestines and body begins to heal (after some period on a gluten free diet which varies from one individual to another) you likely will lose the intolerances. I would guess it is safer to limit exposure to any chemicals you can as we are bombarded with so many in our environment that we can't do much about. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: