Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Annika Update

7 posts in this topic

For those who remember us... Annika is now almost 17 months. She just started gaining weight again and we managed to pack almost a full pound on her in 6 weeks. YAY! She's back on the growth charts. We just got a bunch of bloodwork back and it showed very VERY low IGF (insulin-like growth hormone) and acidosis (acidic blood pH). The doctor thinks this could be due to food intolerances and we're going in for an endoscopy Tuesday to rule out other things. Hopefully this will be the end of our journey. I feel like we've waited so long for answers. We're very slowly adding new foods back into her diet so we're hopeful the weight gains will continue. Thanks to all who have sent us well wishes and prayers over the past year or so. :)

Ads by Google:

I'm so glad to hear she's doing well :)

Angie,

I'm so glad that things look promising and hope you have answers soon. I'd love to see an updated picture. I was there when she was born. ;) and wanted to name her "Goose Guhlia" :P

Hugs to you both!

I am so glad to hear things are getting better!

I was there when she was born. ;) and wanted to name her "Goose Guhlia" :P

Hugs to you both!

:D I remember that! I also remember I sensed that you were pregnant right before you told us.....just sayin.... :lol:

Glad she's doing well, Ang--keep us posted on the biopsy.

Thanks for the update. So good to hear that she is doing better.

Annika has a cold, so the endoscopy is rescheduled for 3 weeks from now. We also got back the 2nd round of bloodwork and it shows no signs of renal failure which is really positive. They're attributing the acidosis to dehydration at the time of the first test. Now we just need to determine what's causing the weight loss and the low IGF. Both of which could apparently be due to malabsorption or malnutrition.