61 replies to this topic

#1 heatherjane

heatherjane

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:16 PM

Just looking for celiacs who are brothers / sisters in Christ. It would be awesome to have an even tighter group to turn to for support!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 CaraLouise

CaraLouise

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 04:06 AM

I LOVE JESUS! :)

#3 flourgirl

flourgirl

Peaches

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 06:40 AM

I have no doubt that many of us here do. Unfortunately in this day and age on our society, many do not discuss their beliefs for fear of offending others. I'm not sure of the rules here about religious or political discussions. Everyone here is available to everyone else for help, support, and to comfort.

By the way....welcome aboard :)
GOD IS GREAT, GOD IS GOOD, THANK YOU FOR OUR GLUTEN-FREE FOOD!

MUSIC IS THE BREATH OF LIFE
Theresa

#4 Chicklet

Chicklet

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 08:12 AM

I love Jesus. :D
Marie in Canada
Gluten sensitive discovered by diet change,April 2006.

#5 LadyCyclist87

LadyCyclist87

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:04 AM

Spirituality -- of any religion, of any kind -- is a wonderful thing to have. I think sometimes coping with difficult changes in our lives calls for us to rely on something greater to face our obstacles (for those who "feel" it, so to say...I am by no means saying that EVERYONE should feel this way). I'm aware that many members of this forum are making the huge adjustment of switching to a gluten-free diet after being diagnosed, and that's a very hard thing to follow along with!

Oh...and on a personal note, I am a Christian. ;) But I'm definitely far from perfect...haha.
Blessings ~

LadyCyclist87

Your three most important things in life: health, love, and faith.

#6 Gentleheart

Gentleheart

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:42 AM

I have gratefully trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ for my salvation and love Him with all my heart. :)

Welcome to the board!

#7 heatherjane

heatherjane

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 02:39 PM

Thanks for the warm welcomes. I by no means want to start theological debates, or break any forum rules. I just think there is something to be said about having that extra encouragement from other believers who know exactly what this experience is like. I can easily get bogged down and overwhelmed with things that happen in my life, which is when the Lord reminds me that I should be trusting in Him, rather than myself (Phil. 4:13, 2 Cor 12:7-10). As the body of Christ, we need each other, as well. :)
It's great to meet you all!
Grace and peace....

#8 Treen Bean

Treen Bean

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 02:42 PM

Hi everyone! I, too, am a Christian. I have gone through stages of anger at God for allowing me to suffer from Celiac Disease. However, he has used this awful disease to teach me so much. I have learned that I can not control everything in my life. I have to lean on Him and trust that He will take care of me no matter what. It took Celiac Disease for me to fully comprehend this concept! I still get angry sometimes, but God is always there to catch me and remind me to be thankful for everything I do have.
Treen Bean

A gluten free goddess in training! - 2 years and counting

#9 cmom

cmom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:39 PM

I am also a Christian and am thankful that I do not have something worse than celiac. I have my bad days when I am very tired and hungry and can find nothing to eat when I'm away from home, but always able to come back to the realization that others are suffering much more than me. I thank God for helping me accept the fact that I cannot eat certain things and helping me feel so much better for it and enjoy my life so much more now that I am not tied to a restroom somewhere. :)
Robin from Indiana

#10 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,057 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 08:12 PM

A couple of posts here have asked about the rules of the board. Everybody agreed to the rules, found here, when they joined the board. This is from my perspective as a moderator:

There is no rule against talking about religion, but please keep in mind that such discussions can easily become impassioned. This is in the Meeting Room, and the subject clearly discloses what the topic is about, so nobody should be surprised by what they see here.

Rule #1 says, in part, "Show respect for each board member, no matter what you think of their views." As long as this is kept to, the topic is acceptable.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#11 heatherjane

heatherjane

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:32 PM

A couple of posts here have asked about the rules of the board. Everybody agreed to the rules, found here, when they joined the board. This is from my perspective as a moderator:

There is no rule against talking about religion, but please keep in mind that such discussions can easily become impassioned. This is in the Meeting Room, and the subject clearly discloses what the topic is about, so nobody should be surprised by what they see here.

Rule #1 says, in part, "Show respect for each board member, no matter what you think of their views." As long as this is kept to, the topic is acceptable.

Thanks for the reminder! :)

#12 ByeByeBagles

ByeByeBagles

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 01:26 PM

ME :)

#13 whitball

whitball

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:34 PM

I am also a Christian. I could not have made it through all of this without faith.
Positive biopsy, positive blood test in 2/2006
Muscle biopsy in thigh in 2004 to confirm metabolic myopathy (found denervated nerves)
Interstitial cystitis diagnosis 2004
Hysterectomy 2003
3 for c-sections, 2 laparoscopies to remove abdominal adhesions
Abnormal heart beat when tired or glutened

#14 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,148 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:10 PM

Yep me too. I think his Dad is pretty neat too!
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#15 nasalady

nasalady

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:13 PM

Count me in! :)

JoAnn
Multiple autoimmune diseases, including celiac, Hashimoto's, psoriasis, autoimmune hepatitis, RA, SLE. Also have fibromyalgia.

Tested Fall 2008: bloodwork, biopsy negative; HLA DQ8. Doctor believes results negative due to prednisone and Imuran taken for autoimmune hepatitis.

Dx with celiac disease because of dietary response, genetics, and family history of celiac disease.

Dx with Lyme Disease Jan 2010; Lyme likely triggered some of the AI diseases.

Gluten free since 25 Nov 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: