This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Anybody Who Loves Jesus? :)

heatherjane

purple Community Regular
Where would we be without Him? Yes, I belong to Jesus, thank you Lord!

Question for all? How do you see the gluten problems from a Scriptural perspective?

I wish I had more time to comment...maybe later. Gluten or any problem is used to keep us close to Him. Without a problem, we would go astray and that's a scarey place to be. I love my Jesus and want to stay close to Him no matter what comes my way!

Off to see my dd and take her some gluten-free food I made yesterday. We have a long talk today about her recent "proposal" to a wonderful Christian man who is on fire for the Lord!!! AMEN. And...he just starting going gluten-free. God is good!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nix's gfgf Rookie

Every Sunday my Priest would break a communion wafer in half and wink at me. Haven't had any lately tho

jka8168 Newbie

Some folks seem to feel that since wheat is mentioned positively in the Scriptures, it can't be a bad food for us. I have some thoughts on that but wondered what others have to say.

heatherjane Contributor
Some folks seem to feel that since wheat is mentioned positively in the Scriptures, it can't be a bad food for us. I have some thoughts on that but wondered what others have to say.

There are other foods in the Bible mentioned positively which some people have negative physical reactions to (fish, milk, etc). I believe that because of the fallen nature of the world we live in, and our imperfect bodies, that it's just one of the issues that we have to deal with in life.

Paul mentioned the "thorn" he had, from which God would not allow relief (2 Cor 12:7-10). Who knows what it was, but Paul encourages me when he quotes Jesus, saying, "My grace is sufficient for you, for for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Praise God that if we truly know Christ, we can have comfort and joy in the difficult times...even if it means no more Pizza Hut.

JNBunnie1 Community Regular
There are other foods in the Bible mentioned positively which some people have negative physical reactions to (fish, milk, etc). I believe that because of the fallen nature of the world we live in, and our imperfect bodies, that it's just one of the issues that we have to deal with in life.

Paul mentioned the "thorn" he had, from which God would not allow relief (2 Cor 12:7-10). Who knows what it was, but Paul encourages me when he quotes Jesus, saying, "My grace is sufficient for you, for for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Praise God that if we truly know Christ, we can have comfort and joy in the difficult times...even if it means no more Pizza Hut.

Hey, for all we know, Paul was lactose intolerant or Celiac and had incontinence issues on the road. I'd call THAT a thorn in my side!

Welda Johnson Newbie

I love Jesus, and His Father, and The Holy Spirit. Welda

dogle Apprentice

I LOVE JESUS, I'M A PROUD CHRISTIAN AS WELL :D

And also I want to add a love his father and the holly spirit. This is one of the things I want to do aslo, I WANT TO ATTEND MASS EVERY SUNDAY, my symptoms somtimes refrain me from going to church. I'm a catholic, I think I won't have to comute (I don't know whether this is the right way to say in English), the bread is made with gluten, that's something the catholic church has to fix.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

bigsislivie Newbie

i am 13,gluten intolerant,and i love Jesus too! it is great to have a group of people who have a lot of good things in common:) by the way for all you out there who cant do communion cause of gluten you can find special gluten free communion. it is just like normal communion but its gluten free. you can take it with you to church and whenever you take communion you can use that. look it up on a search engine:) thanks and God bless

jerseyangel Proficient
I'm an atheist.

Welcome, celiac-

I respectfully suggest that you then stick to other threads that might interest you more. This thread is clearly titled and the people posting here have not broken any board rules and have kept the topic to this thread.

Please keep Board Rule #1 in mind when you post. Thanks. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Lexi Enthusiast

I never could have made it through all my health issues without God and Jesus. I feel closer now than ever. I have started a really Great Thing. I got the book, "The Purpose Driven Life", and I read one page with my kids every night. They are young so I don't want to overwhelm them. It will take us a year or more to finish it. However, I can tell it is already making an impact on their lives (as well as mine). It's a great book.

• 1 month later...
LadyBugLuv Rookie
Just looking for celiacs who are brothers / sisters in Christ. It would be awesome to have an even tighter group to turn to for support!

Praise the Lord :) Count me as a fellow gluten intolerant sister :).

Liveenjoylife Apprentice

I very much love my Lord. I even sing for Him in my church choir. :rolleyes:

lpjourney Rookie

ME TOO!! - I know the Lord has been behind my being able to accept and change my life. Change is a hard thing for me to make and accept. So I know his hand is guiding me.

Doesn't mean I don't find it hard at times, especially when everyone at in my department is ordering out for lunch and I can't join in anymore. One can only order salads so much. :(

daphniela Explorer

I love Yeshua.

nutralady2001 Newbie

Me too I've never really never known a time when I didn't love Him

Would appreciate some prayers on a distressing personal situation I'm in atm. My daughter who is 23 also loves the Lord and is in Bible College. I can really feel it when people pray for me and I'm sure she's been doing it a lot lately as I've sensed calm amongst the storm

I'm positive she will be in full time ministry , she just has a God aura that draws people to her

• 1 month later...
Birdie-Is-Tiny Rookie
Yep me too. I think his Dad is pretty neat too!

that's great, love it. :)

.....does anybody else kind of chuckle when they're saying the Lord's prayer.... "Give us this day our daily bread...." I always want to say "Give us this day our daily...rice bread." lol

Leiana Rookie

oh yes he has been my guiding hand. he is all i have...really truly he is. :D

*Daniella* Apprentice

I love Jesus too! I went many years without relying on him. After being diagnosed with celiac and having other life issues I began to turn to him. It's been a long road but I'm getting back on track. Praise God!

• 3 weeks later...
RaeinWI Newbie

Hello! I am glad I found this board and this topic. I am new to the gluten free life as of about 3 weeks ago and despite having many other food allergies for many years I have found this intolerance to gluten to be challenging and lonely thusfar but have been trusting God and leaning on His strength and wisdom to get through this. Looking forward to getting to know everyone! :)

DDD Newbie

Yes and my gluten-free experience has made me an even more spiritual person than before going Gluten-Free!

Instead of thinking why would He do this to me, I thought there has to be a reason this happened to me.

Sometimes bad things have to happen in order for good things to happen = Karma

Now that being gluten-free has given me a clear head, I can fulfill God's purpose for me.

Everything happens for a reason.

Mskedi Newbie
that's great, love it. :)

.....does anybody else kind of chuckle when they're saying the Lord's prayer.... "Give us this day our daily bread...." I always want to say "Give us this day our daily...rice bread." lol

Haha! I hadn't even thought of that!

• 3 weeks later...
katie may Newbie

I LOVE JESUS!!! And I'm so glad you do too!

I, too, have longed for Celiac brothers and sisters in Christ as a source of strength and accountability. YAY FOR YOU ALL!

I know that God made me a Celiac for a reason, though I don't fully understand that yet. I know that He did like to teach using parables and is teaching me many lessons about receiving, about the body of Christ, about the true daily bread, and still so much more.

And yes, I do crack up at the Lord's prayer, and then also at references to the weeds and the wheat.

I know that God isn't stingy with giving, and He's glad to give us healing even in our gut when we ask in trust and confidence. I can't pretend I haven't been discouraged when bad goes to worse and more worse, still, with all my GI issues. I'm sure many of you have felt this way. I occasionally get the feeling like there is no help, no end, no hope but I know that's the Enemy speaking. I'm alive. What more can be said? I'm tired of focusing on what I don't have. If my situation never improves, or if things get even worse, seems like there's more reason to be joyful about what things I can enjoy. This is all easier said than done, but as I also said, with brothers and sisters like you for support, things aren't so bad.

Here's to the gluten-free portion of the Body of Christ! Blessings & Healing to you all!!!

Jaden Newbie

I am a newbie, not even sure if I have Celiac yet (going to my GI tomorrow), but YES, I love Christ!

blancasagro Newbie

I totally love Jesus too, I was so nervous when I had my appointment for the endoscopy, but when I entered the room I saw a Cross on the wall and then I tough "wow my GI believes in God" so I calmed down very fast and everything was OK.

• 2 weeks later...
mysecretcurse Contributor

I'm not really a Christian in the religious sense, but I still love Jesus. I believe he was an enlightened soul here with an important message for earth. I think of myself as a former Christian, now I don't really have a label for what I am. Some strange mix of Christian (for Jesus' message of love and forgiveness), Buddhist (for the Philosophical aspects and views on suffering and meditation), Gaia/Mother earth religion (sort of the belief that the earth is a living being and that all life is a part of her body, sort of like cells in a bigger body), Wicca, and all sorts of other stuff.. in the end I don't really have a religion though, my views are too complex and my spirituality and relationship with God is too ever changing! That's what I dislike about religion, I feel it's like putting my spirituality in a box and saying "stay" (no offense to any of you guys, I respect different views as long as they respect mine), where as my spirituality is free and exploring. :D

In the end, all I can say for sure is there is definitely more to life than just the physical, and if I have one "belief" that is ever lasting it's that we are all a part of God, and God is love, and love is the only real thing in the universe. :)

Archived