This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Anybody Who Loves Jesus? :)

heatherjane

Chuck8268 Rookie
Just looking for celiacs who are brothers / sisters in Christ. It would be awesome to have an even tighter group to turn to for support!

I know I do,,,, personaly I dodnt wanna die and meet the OTHER GUY,smiles :huh:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chuck8268 Rookie
Just looking for celiacs who are brothers / sisters in Christ. It would be awesome to have an even tighter group to turn to for support!
KathiSharpe Apprentice
I believe he was an enlightened soul here with an important message for earth.

Indeed.

Jesus said unequivocally that He is God, that there is no way to the Father except through Him, that we must be saved - through Him - to enjoy a relationship with the Father, have power here on earth, and to spend eternity with Him (the only alternative being hell).

Then He gave His life on the cross to make it all happen, and three days later rose from the dead.

An enlightened soul would not lie... nor be insane... nor be deluded.

One who believes Jesus was an "enlightened soul" must logically therefore conclude that He is, in fact, God.

However, Jesus did not do all of that to establish a religion (for that matter, God did not create humans to establish religion). True biblical Christianity is in NO way a religion. :D (Trust me, I came out of a religion of a rather different sort - and I would flee from anything that smacked of "religious" - and Jesus would run with me!)

KathiSharpe Apprentice

In case anyone hadn't noticed from my last post, I'm madly radically passionately in love with Jesus and focused on bringing book of Acts style revival to the world Jump.gif

MissyJoy Rookie

I love Jesus too - and I got teared up just seeing you all posting about your own love for Him. This board has been so helpful and supportive to me, but to know that there are brothers and sisters of the the Body of Christ out there - it can't get any better than that!

And I had noticed all the positive references in the Bible about bread and wheat - but hadn't connected the Lord's Prayer and praying for our daily "bread". Now I will never be able to pray that again with a straight face! How funny! I'll pray silently for my daily rice cakes! Thanks for sharing about that. :P

ENF Enthusiast
that's great, love it. :)

.....does anybody else kind of chuckle when they're saying the Lord's prayer.... "Give us this day our daily bread...." I always want to say "Give us this day our daily...rice bread." lol

Alcohol (wine) and gluten (wheat) comprise the sacraments of Holy Communion, as the "body and blood" of Christ, as well.

mysecretcurse Contributor
Indeed.

Jesus said unequivocally that He is God, that there is no way to the Father except through Him, that we must be saved - through Him - to enjoy a relationship with the Father, have power here on earth, and to spend eternity with Him (the only alternative being hell).

Then He gave His life on the cross to make it all happen, and three days later rose from the dead.

An enlightened soul would not lie... nor be insane... nor be deluded.

One who believes Jesus was an "enlightened soul" must logically therefore conclude that He is, in fact, God.

However, Jesus did not do all of that to establish a religion (for that matter, God did not create humans to establish religion). True biblical Christianity is in NO way a religion. :D (Trust me, I came out of a religion of a rather different sort - and I would flee from anything that smacked of "religious" - and Jesus would run with me!)

I agree with his overall message of love and forgiveness, I don't necessarily agree with everything else he said, that's why I don't consider myself a Christian, as I don't think he is God any more than I think the Buddha's were God or anyone is. I think.. God is God, lol. I do believe in the "One" all mighty "God" and that we are all a part of God, so yes I guess in that sense I do think Jesus is "God", but no more than me or you. :D

And lol at give us this day our daily rice cakes. :D Amen!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

KathiSharpe Apprentice
I don't necessarily agree with everything else he said,

Such as? and Whyso?

And what if He really *was* telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth (actually, He said that *He* is the Truth - which if that's true, makes truth a rather different thing than the subjective way we consider it - doesn't it?)

Just curious :D

mysecretcurse Contributor

It's just too limiting for me. I'm all religions and none at the same time. I have my own religion, and it's every changing. :)

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Alcohol (wine) and gluten (wheat) comprise the sacraments of Holy Communion, as the "body and blood" of Christ, as well.

Both the wine and the wheat are very different from those in Jesus' time. Look into it.

:)

and yes, I am a Believer.

KathiSharpe Apprentice
It's just too limiting for me. I'm all religions and none at the same time. I have my own religion, and it's every changing. :)

Well - like I said, having come out of a religion, I would never again have anything to do with one. So we're really talking about two different things. I would agree with you that religions are far too limiting.

There's Someone better than a religion.

KathiSharpe Apprentice
Both the wine and the wheat are very different from those in Jesus' time. Look into it.

:)

and yes, I am a Believer.

Susie, that begs an interesting question: is celiac disease actually caused by a factor *other* than gluten itself (for example, genetic manipulation or pesticides & fertilizers changing the makeup of the plants, and this in turn sets off a chain reaction in already-susceptible individuals?

I read once that a lady with celiac (positive blood work and biopsy) went totally gluten-free for years, and then cautiously added organic kamut (an ancient form of wheat) back to her diet. A ways later she had repeat testing; all negative. Her doc was amazed. It always made me wonder. :huh:

Archived