- - - - -

Takeaways

• Please log in to reply

2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_BellyTimber_*

Guest_BellyTimber_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2005 - 10:20 AM

Bhajis are often made of gram (lentil) flour and no other kind. If it is not wrapped with a label that says, I have on occasion found Asian staff can assure me of this. If the spices and its particular kind of greasiness appeal, it widens the range of things one can pick up as one passes a counter ...

A question: how can we get gluten-free pies, sausages and battered things more widely available at takeaways? I think it is something to do with the wholesaling system? Business people, promoters - advertisers - campaigners, have you suggestions to share here please?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 darlindeb25

darlindeb25

Advanced Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 12:54 PM

<_< michael--i have been gluten-free now for almost 4 yrs and in that time things have changed a lot--when i first went gluten-free, it was rare to have anyone know what celiacs disease is and now i am finding more and more people are aware of it--with time, i am sure there will be more and more food for us out there and time is all we have for now--we do what we can, but we are still the little guy in a great big world--patiences is a virtue--- :D deb
Deb
Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

#3 gf4life

gf4life

Our family "photo" as drawn by my daughter Hannah

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 05:17 PM

If you do manage to get gluten-free foods available in those places, then you would still have to ensure that they are cooked in a dedicated fryer. They would not be able to fry the gluten foods in with the gluten free ones. This might be a challenge. It is also probably part of the reason why more places do not have gluten-free food readily available.

God bless,
Mariann
~West Coast-Central California~

Mariann, gluten intolerant and mother of 3 gluten intolerant children

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: