This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

I Found My Diagnosis Not My Doctor, And It Bothers Him.

I hate gluten

Jestgar Rising Star
Physicians, like any other profession, follow the Bell curve. Some are great, some are horrendous, most are average. Seek the great, avoid the horrendous, educate the average.

There. I'm glad I could wrap that all up for you all so neatly! :P

Aw heck! :o Where were you earlier?? You could have saved us 4 pages of whining! :rolleyes::P:lol: :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TrillumHunter Enthusiast

Seriously though, Sara Beth, I hope you don't get stuck on the doctor that let you down. It is what it is. You can do your best to help him learn but you can only led a horse to water, right? There are good doctors and even an average doctor can help you if you are clear and upfront about what is going on. And with celiac the chances are you are going to need some medical intervention at some point. I have needed lots of help dealing with the fallout of not being diagnosed for so long. This is a good place to vent and let others help you put it into perspective.

JNBunnie1 Community Regular
I added bold to the part of the post I'm referencing, left the rest for context.

I think the point really would be that you can't draw any valid statistics from either side because of the sensational nature of bad doctor stories and the less dramatic nature of good doctor stories. The issues isn't using the 57 as a guide line in how you look at stuff. The problem would be if you tried to say that 95% of all people aren't diagnosed in a timely manner.

Oh, sure. I can only say that (about) 8 of 10 people I'm familiar with have a negative story, I don't know what life is like for the millions I haven't spoken with.

MollyBeth Contributor
Do you have a problem with the specific link or just the fact that there is a chance that someone could have put incorrect information on wikepedia?

I have no problem with the link. I have not researched any of the information on the link to verify whether it is correct or not. Chances are...it probably is. With wikepedia there is always the chance though that the information is incorrect. Some people go in and change pages as a joke. I was simply pointing out that one should not make and argument and use wikepedia as their sole source. I work in Tv news and I would be laughed out of the newsroom if I started quoting wikepedia pages. It can be a good starting off point though when doing research if a person follows the sources referenced at the bottom of the page as jestgar pointed out.

Tim-n-VA Contributor

Edited to remove entire comment.

Archived