15 replies to this topic

#16 cavernio

cavernio

Advanced Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:47 AM

Thought I should post because I remembered stuff I had forgotten.

Waking up this morning, I haven't found anything new but experienced a different type of sensation that I suspect is linked to B vitamin problems causing nerve damage due to the nature of the pain.
It's a variably pulsating pain, not with my pulse but less often and more random, and it hurts quite a bit for a second or so, and then dies down. I remember now that when I started to get that it would wake me up at night, and that was when a doctor prescribed me pain meds for it. They actually worked the couple days I was on it amazingly well, took away all the tingling and swolleness feeling too (unsure if took away any swelling itself, wasn't wearing a ring), but of course there are side effects like fatigue...just what I needed, MORE brain fog, and then I found out it was actually an anti-epileptic and might not be properly approved for neuropathic pain. (I'm very wary of any drugs that involve neurologic stuff since bad experiences with anti-depressants.)
Anyways, since I started taking large amounts of B12 daily that stabbing type pain pretty much disappeared, although not the tingling and soreness and swolleness.
I'm not taking my B12 everyday lately. I had been not taking it daily because I bought one that has B6 in it as well and I'm certain that there's a fairly low dose for toxicity to that which can actually cause the nerve damage instead of fix it. I'll just have to buy a separate pill again is all.

I do know that some nerve damage may not be fixable, if that is truly what it is. What I don't like is the feeling that the tingling may be covering more of my hands and feet than it used to.
diagnosed Jan 2012, bloodwork only
June 2012 positive visual of celiac disease from gastroscopy

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: