7 replies to this topic

#1 raisin

raisin

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:00 PM

Does anyone know yet, if Folgers coffee will remain 100% gluten-free, now that Smuckers has bought them?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:19 PM

Does anyone know yet, if Folgers coffee will remain 100% gluten-free, now that Smuckers has bought them?

http://folgers.custh...amp;p_topview=1

Folgers coffee is 100% coffee. FLAVOR coffees do have artificial and natural ingredients. Smuckers is a compay who will clearly list all forms of gluten. Just read the label. ;)
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#3 lovegrov

lovegrov

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 06:12 PM

Other than few bizarre concoctions at places like Starbucks where they actually add solid stuff that contain gluten, coffee is pretty much gluten-free. I can't imagine Smuckers or anybody else would start adding gluten of any sort.

richard

#4 raisin

raisin

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 01:20 PM

richard :
If you are implying that all coffee must be gluten-free, you are sadly mistaken.

Momma Goose :
the problem is, if it becomes an ingredient in just one flavor, the entire line could be contaminated. :(

#5 modiddly16

modiddly16

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:36 AM

Raisin.

Please list what coffees are NOT gluten free, plain, regular non-flavored coffees. thanks!

Also...if you're so concerned with the cross contaimination now that Smuckers bought Folgers (although I highly doubt they just bought the brand and not the entire plant that the coffee is manufactured in, thus meaning they probably won't change the ingrediants nor change the way they are processed). Contact the company and ask and post it on here for all to see!

#6 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:51 AM

Anyone know if the Folgers 100% Columbian is gluten free? Also the French Roast Folgers too?

#7 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,765 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:32 PM

Anyone know if the Folgers 100% Columbian is gluten free? Also the French Roast Folgers too?

I drink both. I have had no issues with them or any other coffee that is just plain coffee.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#8 tmbarke

tmbarke

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:43 PM

I thought coffee was just coffee - until Maxwell House was giving me reactions.......so I went back to Folgers and I drink the French Roast and Gourmet Roast.
I then learned that some companies use flour on their equipment to keep the beans and oil from sticking..........sheesh.
That may just be it with the Maxwell House.
Anyone Else react with Maxwell House? I just noticed this reaction last week.
Take everything away from me - food, habits...take it all! But don't touch my bacon! You can NOT have my bacon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: