Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Folgers Bought By Smuckers

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone know yet, if Folgers coffee will remain 100% gluten-free, now that Smuckers has bought them?

Ads by Google:
Does anyone know yet, if Folgers coffee will remain 100% gluten-free, now that Smuckers has bought them?

http://folgers.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/folger...amp;p_topview=1

Folgers coffee is 100% coffee. FLAVOR coffees do have artificial and natural ingredients. Smuckers is a compay who will clearly list all forms of gluten. Just read the label. ;)

Other than few bizarre concoctions at places like Starbucks where they actually add solid stuff that contain gluten, coffee is pretty much gluten-free. I can't imagine Smuckers or anybody else would start adding gluten of any sort.

richard

richard :

If you are implying that all coffee must be gluten-free, you are sadly mistaken.

Momma Goose :

the problem is, if it becomes an ingredient in just one flavor, the entire line could be contaminated. :(

Raisin.

Please list what coffees are NOT gluten free, plain, regular non-flavored coffees. thanks!

Also...if you're so concerned with the cross contaimination now that Smuckers bought Folgers (although I highly doubt they just bought the brand and not the entire plant that the coffee is manufactured in, thus meaning they probably won't change the ingrediants nor change the way they are processed). Contact the company and ask and post it on here for all to see!

Anyone know if the Folgers 100% Columbian is gluten free? Also the French Roast Folgers too?

Anyone know if the Folgers 100% Columbian is gluten free? Also the French Roast Folgers too?

I drink both. I have had no issues with them or any other coffee that is just plain coffee.

I thought coffee was just coffee - until Maxwell House was giving me reactions.......so I went back to Folgers and I drink the French Roast and Gourmet Roast.

I then learned that some companies use flour on their equipment to keep the beans and oil from sticking..........sheesh.

That may just be it with the Maxwell House.

Anyone Else react with Maxwell House? I just noticed this reaction last week.