This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Would Someone Look At My Labs For Me Please

MCKMNL

MCKMNL Rookie

I had testing done for Celiac, as i have been sick for some time. We were not sure if Celiac was the cause of me being sick, but my doc was ok with testing me for it. I got the results hwere, and I am confused with the Gliadan AB part of it..

If one does not have Celiac, can they STILL have a gluten intolerance?

Anyway here are the results...

TTG <3

<5 Negative

5-8 equivacal

>8 Positive

Gliadin AB ( IGA ) 3 (should ones body even SHOW antibodies at all too gliadan? ) this is what confuses me. I mean that is like telling me that I ALMOST have hasimoto's thyroiditis ( which BTW I do have ) I was told I do not have celiac, which is ok with me, but this Anti-bodies thing is confusing too me.. I guess too me either you have anti bodies, or you don't.. Or am I thinking wrong.. :huh:

<11 negative

11-17 equivical

>17 Positive

Serum IgA 210 ( ref range ... 81-463 )

serum Immunoglobulin G 1075 .... ref range 552-1631 mg/dl

Now I do have a more pressing Health Issue, I was just DX'd with Mytochondrail Myopathy via Muscle Biopsy Jan 8th. My muscle tissue was sent off for Genetic testing, so as too what version I have.. I do not know YET, as this testing takes QUITE a while. but if I do have some kind of gluten issue i figured you ppl here would be able too tell me by my labs. The knowledge here I trust..

Missy

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

MCKMNL Rookie

does anyone here have any insight or thought on my labs? :D Please....

happygirl Collaborator

According to your lab results, you are not IgA deficient, and you tested negative for the tTG IgA test and the AGA IgG test.

You could still have a non-Celiac gluten sensitivity, and the best way to determine that is to take gluten out of your diet and see if you improve.

jayhawkmom Enthusiast

To me, it doesn't look like you are reacting to gluten. Your numbers are all in the negative category and you aren't IgA deficient. That doesn't mean you aren't intolerant, it just means you aren't producing antibodies to gliadin.

Yes, you can be intolerant without having Celiac.

I asked the same question about the antibodies a couple years ago. Someone explained it to me really well. But, the end result is that almost no one has "0" antibodies to gliadin. But, the only thing that really matters is whether or not your numbers are out of range. 3 is not out of range, so - it's a negative result.

Wow... I'm sure someone can and will explain that much better than me!

Mother of Jibril Enthusiast
But, the end result is that almost no one has "0" antibodies to gliadin.

Hmmm... I'm not sure that's the case. "Dangerous Grains" estimates that about 40% of the population has some degree of gluten intolerance. IMO, a gluten-free diet is GREAT preventative medicine, especially if you know that you're making antibodies. Why wait for the test to come back positive? By then you might have irreversible damage.

Incidentally, Hashimoto's and celiac disease tend to cluster together. Your intestines are not the only part of your body that can be damaged by hypersensitivity to gluten. <_<

Archived