Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Need A Doctor In The Montreal, Qc Area

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

Does anyone know if a good doc in the montreal area. My GP is convinced I have IBS, and that my neurological symptoms can be fixed with a few pills. He pretty much refuses to have me tested, even though I told him I felt 100% better after 3 months of being on a gluten-free diet - his response was that if I feel better, than I don't need a test - but that it's all in my head.

I'm so frustrated.

I'm currently doing the gluten challenge, and feel like absolute pooh - hoping to go for tests in the next 6 wks - provided that I find a doc...

Hoping someone can help.

tks in advance

Ads by Google:

Hi,

Does anyone know if a good doc in the montreal area. My GP is convinced I have IBS, and that my neurological symptoms can be fixed with a few pills. He pretty much refuses to have me tested, even though I told him I felt 100% better after 3 months of being on a gluten-free diet - his response was that if I feel better, than I don't need a test - but that it's all in my head.

I'm so frustrated.

I'm currently doing the gluten challenge, and feel like absolute pooh - hoping to go for tests in the next 6 wks - provided that I find a doc...

Hoping someone can help.

tks in advance

Hello

I saw your post, and wanted to ask if you had any success in finding a Doctor? Im also self diagnosed and Im in Montreal. I told my GP about the positive results of my gluten-free challenge diet, and he said " If it hurts, dont do it " and walked out of the room. !! So, or course im looking for a decent Doctor as well.

Please email me as well as posting a reply, murphyb@videotron.ca

Thanks

Hello

I saw your post, and wanted to ask if you had any success in finding a Doctor? Im also self diagnosed and Im in Montreal. I told my GP about the positive results of my gluten-free challenge diet, and he said " If it hurts, dont do it " and walked out of the room. !! So, or course im looking for a decent Doctor as well.

Please email me as well as posting a reply, murphyb@videotron.ca

Thanks

I've been sent to a GI doctor at the Montreal General Hospital after a really horrible encounter with spelt bread after being gluten free for a few weeks. If after a few weeks (I've had an endoscopy, awaiting blood test results, doing a stool sample, and possible colonoscopy) I feel this doctor is decent I'll definitely recommend him.

For some reason I have a feeling my tests are going to come back negative though and frustrate me to no end.