Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Any Celiac(s) From Canada

134 posts in this topic

Yes, I am from Ontario - Whitefish (near Sudbury). Moved here from Toronto about 8 years ago. where r the rest of u?

Ads by Google:

I'm in Vancouver and new to the gluten-free life, but I feel so much better off the Gluten.

Hello fellow Canadians!

My name is Toni and I am from the Fraser Valley BC, 25 years old.

I am new to this website, and new to celiac also. Just love this site- so much helpful info, I really feel the sense of community on here.

Its nice to not feel alone in this battle. :)

Hi, I just joined the forum today. I was diagnosed in 2001, after years of suffering. The doctor I had refused to test me even though I have a sister that has been a celiac for 20+ years. I suffered through many barium xrays and other tests on a regular basis and was told I had irritable bowel syndrome. I fired that doctor and found one who had me tested via a trans glutenaise (spelling) test and popped a very high number. They then did the biopsy to confirm it. My liver had started into cirrhosis and I had a very low vitamin B12 count. I went on a gluten free diet and six months later I was getting back to a normal as can be life. My wife has done an immense amount of research and come up with alternatives to almost everything I used to eat. We bake all our own and I live very well. Dinning out is tricky at times but not impossible. On another note my father passed away at age 77 of liver cancer. He had constant problems with diarrhea and could not tolerate many foods. I think he was an un diagnosed celiac. How many have died due to not being tested?

Hi, I just joined the forum today. I was diagnosed in 2001, after years of suffering. The doctor I had refused to test me even though I have a sister that has been a celiac for 20+ years. I suffered through many barium xrays and other tests on a regular basis and was told I had irritable bowel syndrome. I fired that doctor and found one who had me tested via a trans glutenaise (spelling) test and popped a very high number. They then did the biopsy to confirm it. My liver had started into cirrhosis and I had a very low vitamin B12 count. I went on a gluten free diet and six months later I was getting back to a normal as can be life. My wife has done an immense amount of research and come up with alternatives to almost everything I used to eat. We bake all our own and I live very well. Dinning out is tricky at times but not impossible. On another note my father passed away at age 77 of liver cancer. He had constant problems with diarrhea and could not tolerate many foods. I think he was an un diagnosed celiac. How many have died due to not being tested?

Hi Dennis. Thanks for sharing your story. I too wonder how many have died with celiac-related cancers and other illnesses because they were not tested. It would likely be startling.

I was diagnosed 1.5 years ago and do all my own baking - always have, always will. Dining out and international travel (airports, delays...) are frustrating and challenging at times. We must drive three hours to eat out safely. Thank goodness I adore cooking! :D

Welcome here! :)

Hello!  I'm from Stirling, Ontario.

i am from ottawa canada. I was just diagnosed this morning with celiac disease and am at a loss. This diet seems so complicated!